Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Chronicles of a Movie Buff

View My Garage

Re: Chronicles of a Movie Buff

I am going to watch this one because of Helen Mirren.
    Also this is Alan Rickman's last movie
    Last edited by neelay2709; 15-08-2016 at 11:48 PM.
    Neelay Shirali
    Mumbai
    Palio1.2 nv Sports
    My Stairway to Heaven

View My Garage

Saw some interesting movies today and last few days:

1. District 9

This science-fiction fable, directed by Neill Blomkamp and produced by Peter (“The Lord of the Rings”) Jackson, takes the form of a mockumentary about lead actor's relocation campaign, his infection by an alien virus, his own refuge in District 9 and his partnership with the only alien who behaves intelligently and reveals, human emotions. This alien, named Christopher Johnson has a secret workspace where he prepares to return to the mothership and help his people.

Much of the plot involves the obsession of the private security firm in learning the secret of the alien weapons, which humans cannot operate. Its a unique concept designed and fun to watch it through.

2. Snowden

Its a story about a whistleblower within the national security agency of USA who has become a symbol for US privacy invasion and the need for transparency in the whole system.

Sinfully Sexy, Shamelessly Raw, Explicitly Powerful. Nothing better than the Palio 1.6 Horse!
    2008 Palio Stile 1.6 Sports - Formula Red
    2014 Royal Enfield - Bullet 500
    2002 Bajaj Pulsar 150 (Sold)

View My Garage

Guys, how many of you joined the Bahubali wave?

Any reviews?

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk
    Sinfully Sexy, Shamelessly Raw, Explicitly Powerful. Nothing better than the Palio 1.6 Horse!

View My Garage

Like many out there, I am a fan of the suave Jon Hamm of the global hit TV series 'Mad Men' fame. While going through his other works, I came across this movie with an Indian connect and the story seemed interesting:

Name:  million_dollar_arm_ver4_xlg.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  165.0 KB

Story goes that the protagonist, named J.B. Berstein is a rich and once successful sports agent but is not doing too well in recent times. His desperation leads him to think differently and he realises that India, being a cricket crazy nation, has a lot of good bowlers who could probably do well in baseball. There, that would make 1 billion fans for the American sport and that could mean a world of possibilities for him, the sport and the players as well!.

He approaches investor Mr. Chang with his proposal - a talent contest staged in India called "Million Dollar Arm." Contestants score points by demonstrating they can pitch a baseball with speed and accuracy. Along with the prize money, two winners will be flown to the U.S. and receive coaching to become legitimate baseball prospects within two years. Chang commits to providing the funding, on the condition the prospects are ready within only one year. With no alternative, J.B. reluctantly assures Chang the winners will be ready for a major league try-out within one year.

Of course, there are the cliches that go with a foreigner visiting our land - the traffic, the honking, the smells, the living conditions et all. But the Indian sojourn also provides us with some honest acting skills of the very talented Darshan Zariwala who plays Vivek - J.B's local assistant.

Once the focus shifts back to the US with the two Indian winners, its all about whether they can learn the game in record time to be good enough to be picked up a major league baseball team.

This is a true story BTW. Its more easy going than intense and makes for a decent watch. I'll go with 3 out of 5 stars for this one.

The trailer -
    Last edited by roms; 10-05-2017 at 12:33 AM.
    The Italian - 2007 Canary Yellow Fiat Palio 1.6 Sport a.k.a The Bumble Bee - Sold
    The Czech/German - 2012 Candy White Skoda Rapid 1.6 MPI Automatic
    The French - 2013 b'twin ROCKRIDER 5.0

View My Garage

I just happened to see this psychodramatic thriller movie during a flight journey - The Girl on the Train

This movie is adapted from a poppular psychological thriller novel by British author Paula Hawkins. While it's not a great movie, I found it absorbing for the most part, an intriguing use of the unreliable narrator, gorgeous photography and a fine script in the end.

Playing the troubled Rachel by Emily Blunt, whose trek toward the truth is agonizingly slow, could not have been easy for her. Its bit dark and few flashbacks will keep your mind pondering over n over again.

View My Garage

Finally got a chance to see 'Joker' yesterday on Amazon Prime Video. Had missed this one in the theatres. Intense and gritty, you actually feel for the guy. Awesome acting too - https://www.primevideo.com/detail/0L..._dp_share_cu_r

"Joker is a 2019 American psychological thriller film directed and produced by Todd Phillips, who co-wrote the screenplay with Scott Silver. The film, based on DC Comics characters, stars Joaquin Phoenix as the Joker and provides a possible origin story for the character. Set in 1981, it follows Arthur Fleck, a failed stand-up comedian whose descent into insanity and nihilism inspires a violent counter-cultural revolution against the wealthy in a decaying Gotham City." - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joker_(2019_film)

Name:  960x0.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  80.3 KB

Robert De Niro does well in his supporting role. The violence shown towards the end of the movie is gruesome so not really meant for the kids. Anyways, the story line is more drama than action, so the kids would get bored quickly. I would give this one 4 out of 5 stars..this one is one of 2019's highest grossing films and is a must watch!!
    The Italian - 2007 Canary Yellow Fiat Palio 1.6 Sport a.k.a The Bumble Bee - Sold
    The Czech/German - 2012 Candy White Skoda Rapid 1.6 MPI Automatic
    The French - 2013 b'twin ROCKRIDER 5.0