Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: engine overheating, fan malfunctioning. Help 1.6

View My Garage

Re: engine overheating, fan malfunctioning. Help 1.6

Hey Prateek, replace the plug(its called as "tikli" in local garage language) and allow the sealant to dry at-least for more than 4-5 hours for better result.
    FIAT USERS-Confidence is what you have when you don't really understand the situation.
    SANJEEV HARIKANT
    PALIO 1.2NV SPORTS(NOT YET SOLD)
    PALIO 1.3SDX MULTIJET(NOT YET SOLD)-DRIVING A JET ON INDIAN ROADS
    SIENA 1.2ELPS(NOT YET SOLD)
    FIAT 1100(NOT YET SOLD)
    VESPA 125(NOT YET SOLD)
    YAMAHA FZ16(NOT YET SOLD)
    YAMAHA R15 VER1(NOT YET SOLD)

D.L.
    View My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MULTIJET View Post
    Hey Prateek, replace the plug(its called as "tikli" in local garage language) and allow the sealant to dry at-least for more than 4-5 hours for better result.
    I am ready to replace that. Is the labour asked by fass justified 10k?
    They are saying they need to open the whole engine to replace this.
    How much labour you think local garage will take?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View My Garage

IMHO I don't think they need to open the whole engine to replace thermostat valve. It was done on my car at TASS during TATA-Fiat JV however in my case the coolant wasn't leaking. I was told the valve was gone bad due to Coolant not replaced in 2 years.
    Sinfully Sexy, Shamelessly Raw, Explicitly Powerful. Nothing better than the Palio 1.6 Horse!
    2008 Palio Stile 1.6 Sports - Formula Red
    2014 Royal Enfield - Bullet 500
    2002 Bajaj Pulsar 150 (Sold)

View My Garage

Nothing to do with engine removal to change thermostat. It will be hardly 1-2 hours job to change thermostat. It will cost around Rs. 3000.
    Punter

FIAT Palio S10
    TVS Apache RTR160

D.L.
    View My Garage

engine overheating, fan malfunctioning. Help 1.6

Quote Originally Posted by Punter View Post
    Nothing to do with engine removal to change thermostat. It will be hardly 1-2 hours job to change thermostat. It will cost around Rs. 3000.
    Not for thermostat, check the other part they have mentioned, some dummy cap plug

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View My Garage

BTW why don't you consult a local mechanic for this issue. Bangalore has good local support plus this issue can be dealt by locals too. Check out our Support section for local garage references.
    Sinfully Sexy, Shamelessly Raw, Explicitly Powerful. Nothing better than the Palio 1.6 Horse!

Competition Licence
    View My Garage

Prateek, goto Rajesh, he will do it in couple of hours for you. I don't think what FASS is saying is correct

D.L.
    View My Garage

As suggested by bangalore guys, i went to rajesh in electronic city, the issues identified by him were leakage in thermostat valve and leakage in radiator. For this he suggested that no need to replace the thermostat valve he will fix it by fixing the fiat sealant and radiator he will get overhauled and for getting the radiator overhauled he said ac gas needs to be refilled. So i left the car with him to rectify the issues, after 3 days when i went back to get the car , he said all the issues are rectified there is no leakage now so when i went for a test drive , car temp shoot upto 70-80% mark, immediately informed him , his reaction was not to worry this is just due to failed temperature sensor and your needle is showing wrong reading , somehow i was not convinced and after a few argument when i turned on the ac 2nd fan kicks in and temp needle is now below half mark, so at the end he suggested to change the temperature sensor, as i had to leave for ooty next day and temperature was under control when ac on , i took the car to resolve this problem later. 1 thing more i noticed was that ac cooling was not as good as before but according to rajesh it was perfect. Anyway went for the Ooty trip , on the highway there was no overheating but as soon as the turns came overheating started , switched on the ac and all under control but still while going uphill overheating occured and had to stop the car to cool down, also noticed slight drop in the coolant level, next day after coming back went to rajesh again and showed him and he gives me a confused face as in why there is a drop in coolant level and for overheating still argues to change the temperature sensor, now at this time i was getting frustrated also seeing a small crack on coolant tank he says leakage can be from the tank but i don't see anything leaking from the coolant tank. So ordered temp sensor and coolant tank from 99rpm. Changed the sensor and still the problem persists, 1st speed fan runs when the temp needle reaches 70-80% and 2nd speed is not even coming. Discussed on whatsapp group and people suggested resistance can be the culprit, sourced 1 resister and changed it still the problem persists, talked to rajesh and his statement is still the same that everything is fine,
    then 1 day telling this story to my friend he suggested me to visit Pavan kadam in yelahanka. Visited him and left the car with him to analyse and rectify the issue. 1 day later he called and said radiator was blocked and there was a slight leakage and in addition to that ac gas pressure was very high than the recommended limit causing delay in start of radiator fan.
    Now the car is running fine with no issues.
    I will not suggest Rajesh to anyone after these series of events.

View My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by prateekcool1 View Post
    As suggested by bangalore guys, i went to rajesh in electronic city, the issues identified by him were leakage in thermostat valve and leakage in radiator. For this he suggested that no need to replace the thermostat valve he will fix it by fixing the fiat sealant and radiator he will get overhauled and for getting the radiator overhauled he said ac gas needs to be refilled. So i left the car with him to rectify the issues, after 3 days when i went back to get the car , he said all the issues are rectified there is no leakage now so when i went for a test drive , car temp shoot upto 70-80% mark, immediately informed him , his reaction was not to worry this is just due to failed temperature sensor and your needle is showing wrong reading , somehow i was not convinced and after a few argument when i turned on the ac 2nd fan kicks in and temp needle is now below half mark, so at the end he suggested to change the temperature sensor, as i had to leave for ooty next day and temperature was under control when ac on , i took the car to resolve this problem later. 1 thing more i noticed was that ac cooling was not as good as before but according to rajesh it was perfect. Anyway went for the Ooty trip , on the highway there was no overheating but as soon as the turns came overheating started , switched on the ac and all under control but still while going uphill overheating occured and had to stop the car to cool down, also noticed slight drop in the coolant level, next day after coming back went to rajesh again and showed him and he gives me a confused face as in why there is a drop in coolant level and for overheating still argues to change the temperature sensor, now at this time i was getting frustrated also seeing a small crack on coolant tank he says leakage can be from the tank but i don't see anything leaking from the coolant tank. So ordered temp sensor and coolant tank from 99rpm. Changed the sensor and still the problem persists, 1st speed fan runs when the temp needle reaches 70-80% and 2nd speed is not even coming. Discussed on whatsapp group and people suggested resistance can be the culprit, sourced 1 resister and changed it still the problem persists, talked to rajesh and his statement is still the same that everything is fine,
    then 1 day telling this story to my friend he suggested me to visit Pavan kadam in yelahanka. Visited him and left the car with him to analyse and rectify the issue. 1 day later he called and said radiator was blocked and there was a slight leakage and in addition to that ac gas pressure was very high than the recommended limit causing delay in start of radiator fan.
    Now the car is running fine with no issues.
    I will not suggest Rajesh to anyone after these series of events.
    Many of our Bangalore members were happy servicing with him so far. Not sure what happened this time? :( This heating issue in Palio 1.6 is a kind of genetic issue and sometimes hard to find the root cause so usually mechanics based on their experiences will give it a basic try. Might work/might not.
    Anyways good part is you got it resolved I was going to ping you asking about this issue but forgot later on.

Last time i had faced water leakage inside the cabin and my mechanic had suggested me to service the AC as since 10yrs it never had been done and somewhere the drain line could be chocked up. I'm not facing any cooling issues so far hence i'm reluctant to let someone open the whole dashboard and service the AC since there mechanically is no issue with AC! I'm living with it so far..

D.L.
    View My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rudrah View Post
    Many of our Bangalore members were happy servicing with him so far. Not sure what happened this time? :( This heating issue in Palio 1.6 is a kind of genetic issue and sometimes hard to find the root cause so usually mechanics based on their experiences will give it a basic try. Might work/might not.
    Anyways good part is you got it resolved I was going to ping you asking about this issue but forgot later on.

Last time i had faced water leakage inside the cabin and my mechanic had suggested me to service the AC as since 10yrs it never had been done and somewhere the drain line could be chocked up. I'm not facing any cooling issues so far hence i'm reluctant to let someone open the whole dashboard and service the AC since there mechanically is no issue with AC! I'm living with it so far..
    It is ok with me that mechanic do trial and error method but what i expect from any mechanic is that the work which i am paying for should be done with perfection, it should not be that i have to get it redone in just 1 or 2 months again, if i want to get the shoddy work done then i can visit any roadside mechanic for that. Anyways issue is solved now. But last few months were kind of scary for me due to this overheating issue and side by side i was getting frustrated with all these events.