Thread: Upgraded tyres to Kenda Komet SPT1 - Palio Stile 1.6

Threaded View

View My Garage

Upgraded tyres to Kenda Komet SPT1 - Palio Stile 1.6

Its been a year since i changed my tyres from Yokohama C Drives to the Taiwanese brand - Kenda. Oh yes the Kenda that are also seen on Bicycle

I had a great experience with the Yokohama C Drives for 5 years that i used. It never failed upon me in unexpected situations. I was keen for moving on to its newer version but unfortunately Yokohama didn't brought the updated C drives in India. They got a balanced variant called as Earth One instead. Secondly as car has aged, I thought its time to upgrade but the tyres needed to be changed asap as i was facing harsh, noisy rides plus the wheel alignment wasn't working due to the old age of the C drives. Hence after a lot of thoughts and feedbacks from Roms, I changed to Kenda Komet SPT1 - KR10. Roms had also changed his Palio tyres to Kenda but it was a Kenda Komet Plus model. He was happy with it. Since I thought I might sell the car going ahead hence this would be a good deal.

The dealer didn't had it that time so went for the SPT1 model. I was already on the 185/65/R14 profile with the Yokos hence continued the same. The main factor to go for Kenda was it was still a known brand, cheap to own and decent feedbacks on other forums.

Attachment 12969

Attachment 12970

Kenda v/s Yokohama C Drives (5yrs old)
    Attachment 12971

After wearing the shoes

Attachment 12972

Attachment 12973

The ride quality in 1 year so far has been good, still soft and quiet. No harshness experience. People say (those who haven't owned) in long term they will deteriorate but lets see.

Kenda Website: https://www.kendatire.com/en-us/
    Last edited by Rudrah; 06-05-2019 at 06:08 PM.
    Sinfully Sexy, Shamelessly Raw, Explicitly Powerful. Nothing better than the Palio 1.6 Horse!
    2008 Palio Stile 1.6 Sports - Formula Red
    2014 Royal Enfield - Bullet 500
    2002 Bajaj Pulsar 150 (Sold)