Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Dark Horse: FIAT Palio Adventure. Now RESTORED

View My Garage

Cool The Dark Horse: FIAT Palio Adventure. Now RESTORED

The story started back in 2017 when friend wanted to sell his Advy as he already has Punto and Figo.

Mechanically this Car was restored by me and under supervision of our forum member Pragalbh and few other frieds. I drove this car for around 13k in a year and covered Konkan area, Goa and my native place many times.

Th problem which I faced with the car were

1. Alternator Failed: Replaced it and car back to normal
    2. Steering Rack (Steering oil leakage issue): Replaced it and no problem so far.

These were the only major issues I faced after restoration. As car is mechanically fit, I thought it is perfect time for the the repainting.
    Used the Thunder Black color from FIAT catelogue and in a week's time car is almost and final work is going to give it perfect look inside out.
    Punter

FIAT Palio Adventure 1.6
    FIAT Palio S10
    TVS Apache RTR160

View My Garage

Re: The Dark Horse: FIAT Palio Adventure. Now RESTORED

The photos before restoration.

Clicked all these photos from memorable road trips with family and friends and Adventure is being used as it used to be.

It never failed and never fails to provide the cushioned ride on our bumpy roads.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
    Punter

FIAT Palio Adventure 1.6
    FIAT Palio S10
    TVS Apache RTR160

View My Garage

Few more with my S10 and a road trip with family to Guhagar.

Punter

FIAT Palio Adventure 1.6
    FIAT Palio S10
    TVS Apache RTR160

View My Garage

Now this is time for pics of brand new Palio Adventure.

Please meet India's best FIAT Palio Adventure 1.6 Sport.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2018-10-21_16-47-47_HDR.jpg   2018-10-21_16-48-35_HDR.jpg   20181021_164953.jpg   20181021_165016.jpg   20181021_165114.jpg   20181021_165134.jpg   20181021_165257.jpg   20181021_165306.jpg   20181021_165412.jpg   2018-10-21_16-55-19_HDR.jpg  

2018-10-21_16-55-42_HDR.jpg  
    Punter

FIAT Palio Adventure 1.6
    FIAT Palio S10
    TVS Apache RTR160

View My Garage

Congratulations, Kedar! By owning a Palio S10 and now a Adventure, you're not only bold but brave too

I've driven the Adventure 1.6 and i instantly fell in love with it, the super comfort drive, the ease of pulling power and a rugged feeling. India missed this beast!

The Adventure monogram is a unique one, do preserve it or make a duplicate before it goes.

Wishing you happy miles on your Adventure
    Sinfully Sexy, Shamelessly Raw, Explicitly Powerful. Nothing better than the Palio 1.6 Horse!
    2008 Palio Stile 1.6 Sports - Formula Red
    2014 Royal Enfield - Bullet 500
    2002 Bajaj Pulsar 150 (Sold)

View My Garage

Update:

The AC overhaul with cleaning of all AC plumbing completed at Sharad's garage. The cooling coil was also changed. All choke ups removed like pro by Ibrahim chacha. This resulted into super cooling in the car and the engine temparature never crosses 1/4th position which tells everything alright with the car.

After this work I have completed 1000km trip with family to complete the temple run :-)

Pune -- Kolhapur -- Jyotiba -- Ganapatipule -- Chiplun -- Umbraj -- Masur -- Aundh -- Satara -- Pune. Total 1000km.

Most part of the route was ghat section as I drove mostly in Konkan area and true power of 1.6 liter petrol engine was experienced. There was absolutely no power loss after driving it with AC ON.

Photos coming soon.
    Punter

FIAT Palio Adventure 1.6
    FIAT Palio S10
    TVS Apache RTR160

View My Garage

Photos clicked in recent road trip to Konkan with family.

Punter

FIAT Palio Adventure 1.6
    FIAT Palio S10
    TVS Apache RTR160

View My Garage

Lovely, Punter

Good to see the Adventure still ruling on the roads. Perfect car for long trips on places where basic hatches or sedans too cant drive comfortably.

BTW can you please share the AC overhaul costs and what all jobs were done?

My mechanic is also suggesting me to go for AC servicing as i was facing water getting choked up in the drain pipe.
    Sinfully Sexy, Shamelessly Raw, Explicitly Powerful. Nothing better than the Palio 1.6 Horse!

D.L.
    View My Garage

Dear Punter,
    Very much pleased to read the detail.
    Must not forget to CONGRATULATE you for such a fantastic restoration job done.
    Showered with more happiness due to you all people became re-activated in the forum with such nice resultant outcome!
    One more suggestion:
    It would be very useful to all members/readers of the forum if you can put up the real actual restoration pictures with a an attached note in each saying how you did it OR how it was done. - Specially technical way of approach.
    Once again CONGRATULATIONS and THANKS too.
    Prof.Navin Talati / 22-03-2019

View My Garage

Navin Sir thank you so much for appreciation. Means a lot.

For Palio S10 restoration project (Thread is there on MFW.com) I have clicked lots of photos while Restoration was going on.

For Advy restoration I was too busy with other thing hence didn't get time to check the things personally.

Whatever I have, I posted here it on the forum.

Update:

Ordered Alternator for Advy (it was the causing the issue while driving the car) from 99rpm and will be fitting it this weekend. After this fix Advy will be bug free. :-) fingers crossed.
    Punter

FIAT Palio Adventure 1.6
    FIAT Palio S10
    TVS Apache RTR160

View My Garage

Update:

With new alternator Advy is now ready to rule again. Brother drove it to Mumbai and he enjoyed the drive.
    Punter

FIAT Palio Adventure 1.6
    FIAT Palio S10
    TVS Apache RTR160

View My Garage

After changing the alternator the famous RPM fluctuation issue cropped after a return journey to Mumbai in my Advy.

Drove the car to test for 2 days and I was facing engine stalling, RPM failing down and going up automatically to 1-1.5 RPM. When clutch is pressed to downshift or upshift car was stalling.

Took to Sharad's garage on Sunday evening i.e. 14th Apr 2019 and he changed the throttle body and reported that problem resolved.

I will be going to pick up the car and check if issue resolved.

Fingers crossed.
    Punter

FIAT Palio Adventure 1.6
    FIAT Palio S10
    TVS Apache RTR160

View My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Punter View Post
    After changing the alternator the famous RPM fluctuation issue cropped after a return journey to Mumbai in my Advy.

Drove the car to test for 2 days and I was facing engine stalling, RPM failing down and going up automatically to 1-1.5 RPM. When clutch is pressed to downshift or upshift car was stalling.

Took to Sharad's garage on Sunday evening i.e. 14th Apr 2019 and he changed the throttle body and reported that problem resolved.

I will be going to pick up the car and check if issue resolved.

Fingers crossed.
    Even i had the same issue if you remember long time back. The culprit is Throttle Body. The usual suspect is Alternator or Throttle Body. My Alternator was replaced. Then on a thorough cleaning of the throttle body, the rpm fluctuation is in control now although sometimes when i reverse, the rpm falls back to 0 and stalls or unable to take load.

I see you're replacing these critical stuffs which now costs a bomb. Would be interested to know how much the Alternator and Throttle Body cost you?

Thanks~

View My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rudrah View Post
    I see you're replacing these critical stuffs which now costs a bomb. Would be interested to know how much the Alternator and Throttle Body cost you?Thanks~
    Alternator was ordered from 99rpm for 18k and Throttle Body was replaced at Sharad's garage for Rs 4k. RPM Sensor was in stock with me which was changed.

The car is not stalling or RPM is not falling down however I am facing the issue of intermittent Zataka though. Some sensor may be MAF sensor is the culprit. ECU Scan is required to rectify the exact issue and then car return to its glory.
    Punter

FIAT Palio Adventure 1.6
    FIAT Palio S10
    TVS Apache RTR160

View My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Punter View Post
    Alternator was ordered from 99rpm for 18k and Throttle Body was replaced at Sharad's garage for Rs 4k. RPM Sensor was in stock with me which was changed.

The car is not stalling or RPM is not falling down however I am facing the issue of intermittent Zataka though. Some sensor may be MAF sensor is the culprit. ECU Scan is required to rectify the exact issue and then car return to its glory.
    Interesting, Punter! The Throttle Body for 4k means its a used one....the main component of the part is the electrical unit attached to it which if it fails is of no use but to replace it. Only easy part is cleaning the throttle body with a carburettor cleaning liquid or a injector cleaning liquid to remove all deposits clogged over the time.

Let us know the outcome of the jerking issue fix. Cheers~