Thread: Request suggestions for repair of dent

D.L.
    View My Garage

Request suggestions for repair of dent

Recently, I scraped the side of my 4 year old Linea on a footpath, which has left a long scratch / dent on the bottom panel / footboard area. This is part of a U shaped panel which starts at the bottom, curves around the rear door, and continues horizontally above the two doors. I was told there are two options. One option is to replace the entire panel, which involves opening all the attachments along the entire length of the panel. The other option is to replace only the damaged part, by cutting out the required part from a full panel; only the relevant parts have to be dismantled and re-assembled.
    Request suggestions from members on which would be the better option.
    Thanks in Advance

View My Garage

Re: Request suggestions for repair of dent

Quote Originally Posted by LSV View Post
    Recently, I scraped the side of my 4 year old Linea on a footpath, which has left a long scratch / dent on the bottom panel / footboard area. This is part of a U shaped panel which starts at the bottom, curves around the rear door, and continues horizontally above the two doors. I was told there are two options. One option is to replace the entire panel, which involves opening all the attachments along the entire length of the panel. The other option is to replace only the damaged part, by cutting out the required part from a full panel; only the relevant parts have to be dismantled and re-assembled.
    Request suggestions from members on which would be the better option.
    Thanks in Advance
    Welcome LSV to the forum. Very sorry to hear that. Are there any cracks or just a dent?

Would be good if you post some pictures of the dent/scratch area so members can find it easy to comment on it.

Cheers~
    Sinfully Sexy, Shamelessly Raw, Explicitly Powerful. Nothing better than the Palio 1.6 Horse!
    2008 Palio Stile 1.6 Sports - Formula Red
    2014 Royal Enfield - Bullet 500
    2002 Bajaj Pulsar 150 (Sold)

View My Garage

Re: Request suggestions for repair of dent

Contact Sushil on this number 8149851170 and give my reference (Kedar Bendre).

He painted my Palio S10 and Advy and does quality job.
    Punter

FIAT Palio S10
    TVS Apache RTR160