Thread: "INJECTOR" symbol light appears on dash console

D.L.
    View My Garage

"INJECTOR" symbol light appears on dash console

In my Fiat Palio 1.2 nv Petrol ELPS 2004 model, recently for about last a month, the "INJECTOR" symbol light appears on dash console. The symbol appears and again disappears while running of the car. It is not flickering. It stays for some time and some time goes off.
    What could be the reason or cause and how to get it cleared?

Navin Talati / 05-07-2018
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20180628_142048.jpg  

View My Garage

Re: "INJECTOR" symbol light appears on dash console

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Talati View Post
    In my Fiat Palio 1.2 nv Petrol ELPS 2004 model, recently for about last a month, the "INJECTOR" symbol light appears on dash console. The symbol appears and again disappears while running of the car. It is not flickering. It stays for some time and some time goes off.
    What could be the reason or cause and how to get it cleared?

Navin Talati / 05-07-2018

My answer will not be available in the books of knowledge for cars. But it may work for you. Add some 500 ml of Gingelly oil with 5% NC thinner in full fuel tank. It could solve your problem.

Goodluck.
    Last edited by Raaj; 11-07-2018 at 06:48 AM.
    My Ownership thread: 2004 Fiat Palio 1.9 D: The Story Of My Pre-worshipped Car

Proud owner of two endangered species i.e. Fiat Palio D 1.9 & Urban Cross Abarth :)

D.L.
    View My Garage

Dear Raaj,
    Thanks fr suggesting 500 ml of Gingelly oil with 5% NC thinner in full fuel tank.
    Gingelli il is a Til oil and NC Thinner is a Nitrocellulose compound. Could you please predict some mechanism of its working in removing the warning light of injector?
    Awaiting your valuable reply.
    Navin Talati / 11-07-2017

View My Garage

Gingelly is vegetable oil and works as a natural additive/lubricant. It is quite safer than the automotive additives available in the market. NC thinner makes better mingling of this in the fuel. This combination cleans the injectors and enhance their life and helps smooth running. Iam using Gingelly oil in my Palio 1.9D regularly, at least once in a month or with a full tank.
    Last edited by Raaj; 12-07-2018 at 07:54 AM.
    My Ownership thread: 2004 Fiat Palio 1.9 D: The Story Of My Pre-worshipped Car

Proud owner of two endangered species i.e. Fiat Palio D 1.9 & Urban Cross Abarth :)

View My Garage

Navin,

I am not sure whether my reply will help you, but just posting my experience on the topic with two different FIAT engines. But both these engines are different from your cars engine, so do not know if it is relevant - But still.

1. The 1.1 Litre F.I.R.E engine on the Palio Stile:

This car / (some sensor?) was very quirky and sensitive to many things. I had the injector error light come on and off for various reasons. The ones I was able to make out are the following.

1. Suspected adulterated fuel:

The injector warning light used to come on sometimes when I used to fill petrol from some fuel bunks during long distance trips. The warning light used to come on and used to stay on till that fuel was burned off.

The solution I found was, to wait till the needle is slightly below the "E" mark once I am back in Cochin and fill from a COCO IOC pump. This always used to work. As soon as the car was started after refilling from the IOC pump, the warning light used to vanish.

2. A sudden change in the driving style.

This was more frequent when the car was new. Putting a sudden burst of speed, a sudden downshifting and acceleration like when you do in an emergency overtaking situation. This used to make the injector warning light on.

The solution - There was no solution except to wait till the light switches off on its own.

3. A weak battery

This used to happen when the battery was at the end of its life. The car, when it started, used to blip the rpm needle on its own and the injector warning lamp used to come on. A mechanic later told me that the ECU was sensing that the battery was low on charge and this was ECU's way of trying to charge / correct the situation. - Do not know if that is right.

The solution - Again, none, it used to switch off after some time.

But with the 1.1 Litre, the car had no performance issues in any of these situations.

2. The 1.6 Litre engine on the Petra:

I faced this only once and once was enough. I knew I was in trouble right away when it happened.

The car was not pulling and there was an odd vibration and the a/c got cut off (as the engine was not struggling with not enough rpm I think). Three of the injectors had gone kaput and they had to be replaced.
    Thanks and Regards,

Deepak K.V.

Maruti 800
    FIAT Palio Stile 1.1 SLE
    FIAT Petra 1.6 EL
    TATA Safari DiCOR 3.0 LX

View My Garage

i had the same issue with my 1.2 with the light coming on and off.
    Replaced the UNI filter with stock filter and the issue got resolved
    Neelay Shirali
    Mumbai
    Palio1.2 nv Sports
    My Stairway to Heaven

D.L.
    View My Garage

Dear Neelay
    What is meaning of UNI filter ? Where is it located?
    Could you please upload some pics?
    Navin

View My Garage

Hi Navin,

Sorry for the late response. The filter material is delicate and had opened up at the joint.
    Had sent it for repair at my FILs factory and got it back a few days back.
    The UNI is a replacement for the standard filter and intake.
    Snaps of the filter:

Don't have the pics where it was installed but you remove the whole plastic box in which the filter is located and fix this.
    It fits perfectly for the Palio

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Navin,

Sorry for the late response. The filter material is delicate and had opened up at the joint.
    Had sent it for repair at my FILs factory and got it back a few days back.
    The UNI is a replacement for the standard filter and intake.
    Snaps of the filter:

Don't have the pics where it was installed but you remove the whole plastic box in which the filter is located and fix this.
    It fits perfectly for the Palio
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20181118_143611.jpg   IMG_20181118_143601.jpg  
    Neelay Shirali
    Mumbai
    Palio1.2 nv Sports
    My Stairway to Heaven

View My Garage

This is like a performance air filter. Will it lead to displaying an ECU error?
    Thanks and Regards,

Deepak K.V.

Maruti 800
    FIAT Palio Stile 1.1 SLE
    FIAT Petra 1.6 EL
    TATA Safari DiCOR 3.0 LX

D.L.
    View My Garage

Dear Neelay and Kvdeep,
    Thanks for the feedback. Further development in the captioned issue of my palio is that Injector's symbol which was appearing casually earlier remains almost constant now for last about one month.
    The magic I feel is that nothing abnormal happens while driving. No change in rpm speed, acceleration or nothing like stalling etc.
    I have checked all the concerned connections, fuses, relays, rpm sensor, fuel pump, etc. Also changed the air filter.
    I do not think that UNI filter may make any drastic change in the situation - however will try for that too.
    I also want to change the spark plugs and Fuel filter - What do you feel for that?
    Should i clean the injectors? - How can I operate it on DIY basis? What precautions I need observe for that?
    Please guide.
    Thanks a lot.
    Navin Talati / 10-12-2018