Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Exploring Sathyamangalam......South India Meet Report

Marshal
    View My Garage

Exploring Sathyamangalam......South India Meet Report

DKM and I have created a niche for organizing some good meets over the years and we had a reputation to live up to as the expectations were high.

Joe sir couldn’t make it to the previous meet at Ooty at the last minute and this time we wanted to make sure he makes it and boy, did he live up to our expectations…..

Sathyamangalam was the choice this time, an erstwhile hunting ground of the bandit Veerappan. Thankfully, this place is not yet as exploited as most other hill stations and jungles in South India. However, this came with a problem of paucity of stay options and after getting in touch with some local contacts, we zeroed in to Honeydew Resorts, Germalam, Sathyamangalam. The accommodation provided was very good with clean sheets, comfortable bed and a clean toilet with all modern amenities. Food was good, clean and tasty while low on oil and spice. They were willing to take suggestions and did a good job without any fuss or arrogance.

Because of the vicinity to the jungle and being a dry season, campfire was not allowed whereas we could spend the evening in the open air with spirited discussions and the entire evening agenda was completed with introductions alone. There are a couple of stalwarts who can speak so much that we had to keep them waiting for their turn and did they live up to their expectations!!

The usual story of lot of interest initially and then a few dropouts and the numbers came to eleven.

Here are Joe's Eleven:

1. Joe Sir: The inimitable persona who can light up any conversation with wit and humor and is a walking encyclopedia. Tips not just on cars but on cooking, lighting a fire, gardening, humanity and humility.... Drives a legendary 1.9D that is lapping up all kinds of cocktails and seems to be rejuvenating with each new blend. The blend includes 2T oil, gingely oil, used cooking oil and many more concotions....

2. Deepak: The Don of God's own Country, otherwise docile and a man of few words, can speak for hours once spirited.... Drives a 1.6 Petra and can organize some exotic holidays anywhere in India...

3. Praveen CBV: A marketing executive with a motor mouth, can speak on anything and everything for ever. Drives a Liinea and has saved a 1.6 Palio for admiring in Hyderabad.

4. Anirban Basak: A Bengali who has lived all over India other than in Bengal, knows how to enjoy life and an inspiration to do lots of things in life... Currently lives in Hyderabad, owns an Adventure and a Sienna in Pune.

5. Johnyboy & Johnygirl: MR & Mrs Sreeraj live in Mumbai and flew down to Blr and joined the team in a Renault Duster.... Hats off to Johnygirl for putting up with all the motorheads for 3 days!!

6. Sanju aka MULTIJET: The only Fiatian to have attended all the meets since inception, roughed it out all the way from Mumbai in his Dominar 400 bike... Owns the legendary 'Multijet'. Hats off to this humble soul for making it.... You truly inspire us.

7. Rahul Gopalan: The only bachelor who decided to drop the anchor and join the rest of us in life's journey threw his Bachelor's party for all of us. A genial researcher from Mysore, drives a Punto.

8. Mikhail Mudreddy: The much married man who joined us right after his honeymoon and sponsored an evening's preccedings ... Has a museum of Fiats from Uno to GTX.

9. DKM: The selfie stick with a ton of ideas and a drive to accomplish it... Lives in Bangalore and drives a Palio MJD.

10. Yours truly: A dentist with an interest in wildlife and eco-consciousness, drive a MJD going strong at 2,15,000 kms...

Imagine the riot when all these specimens gather together.... Needless to say, we had a wonderful time together discussing anything and everything under the star lit sky, with the bubbly flowing and some great food served with humility and a smile.... a rare commodity these days.

The camaraderie among the diverse group linked by one common factor --love for Fiat was something to behold. Wonder if this kind of relationship exists in any other group around the world. Everyone chipping in with advice when called for, suggestions not just related to cars but life skills, careers, food, travel and more.... The list is endless and packed with wisecracks, humor and some animation too. It cant get any better than this.

Add to this a couple of open jeep safaris, checking out each other's cars and bike on the twisty winding roads, analysing the heart of the beasts with open bonnets and revs, etc--this was a complete package that any motorhead could dream of.

A customary, designer T shirt and a worthy gift and a photoshoot with the T shirts--the story was complete.

A discussion on the next annual meet and a monsoon meet also ensued and the tentative locations are Gokarna and Agumbe respectively.....

See you all soon!!
    Pics will follow soon from the team.

D.L.
    View My Garage

Re: Exploring Sathyamangalam......South India Meet Report

Great arrangements by Doc and DKM. Thank you very much.
    It was great meeting all of you. Hope to see you again soon.

Competition Licence
    View My Garage

wonder ful log @Birdie,

it was great meeting you all on the night before your start. Missed out meeting Joe sir again, hope to meet him next time

D.L.
    View My Garage

Thank you so much Doc and DKM, in providing support and egging me on, while I was in the midst of crises at home. Glad that I tided over the issues and could join this meet, my first in more than 2 years. What a meet!! Right from Watson's on day minus1, to the drive along kanakpura (Vaasu's was bloody good) and then into sathyamangalam... superb experience.
    Fantastic meeting all of you for the first time (except Praveen and Sanju) - will cherish this meet forever.
    Looking forward to the next meet!
    cheers!
    Anirban

View My Garage

Thank you all for who made it.

Great to meet some of you at Watson's first

Watson's is officially mfw pub now..

The trip and the planning starts here.. All of us were waiting for Prashu to arrive on Saturday.. but unfortunately he could not.. There is always next time.

Excellent write up Birdie...

Great to meet all of you and it was an honor to have Joe Sir attend the meet and was great fun interacting with him..
    Hope you can make it to many more of such meets to enlighten us..

At Vasu hotel for breakfast

Enroute to the Resort

The team with their cars..

More pics to follow...
    Cheers,
    DKM
    ---------------
    2010 - Fiat Palio 1.3 MJD Bossa Nova White
    1994 - Royal Enfield STD 350 Army Green

View My Garage

Great write up Doc. Thanks once again Doc and DKM for arranging this wonderful meet. Being part of each and every MFW national meet has become my duty.
    I was tentative from Day 1 when the meet was announced. Recently joined office and getting holiday was not possible. But thanks to my official visit to Bangalore which was pending since long time got fixed at same week of meet. This time I had planned to go on Bajaj Dominar to save some money on toll.
    Left at 3.30am from Navi Mumbai on 08/03/18. Target was to reach hotel around 6-6.30pm so that by 7pm I can hit Watsons. It was my first looong ride on Dominar and by 5pm I checked in after exchanging office document(Just 10mins work).
    After getting fresh me,Mikki and Anirban headed towards Watsons. As always Watsons never made us disappoint. Had some chilled pitcher and slowly gang started arriving. So planning for next day meeting point and time was decided. Prashu was tempted to join us for Sathyamangala meet but due to his appointment with lady doctor made him to stay back
    I should say roads at outskirts of Bangalore are just awesome and I was easily riding above 100km/hr. Had Masala Dosa at Vasu, in Kanakpura. Dosa was thick and crispy and made Tummy full. It was one of the best Masala Dosa I have tasted in my whole life.
    Journey started to Germalam, the place where HoneyDew resort was booked. Resort was just less than a km from the TN border. Resort was good with some restrictions as it was in jungle but rooms, service and food quality was top notch. It was a relaxing meet. Had a nice time with all my Fiatians. Will later upload few pictures which i have taken during meet.

Thanks Joe Sir for joining and giving us more knowledge on food, cars, ................
    Thanks Doc for continuing the spirit of South India Meet and giving us pleasure to explore the unexplored destinations.
    Thanks DKM for supporting Doc and doing arrangement at the best level.
    Special Thanks to Rahul and Mikki for sponsoring the much needed booze
    Thanks Deepak Kv for your never ending speeches
    Thanks Anirban for confirming at the last moment. Much needed Break for you.
    Thanks Praveen, it was nice meeting you once again and hope to see you again in future meets.
    Thanks JB. We both staying in Navi Mumbai but meeting after long time in Bangalore
    Lastly thanking Mrs.JB for tolerating mad boys for 3days.
    FIAT USERS-Confidence is what you have when you don't really understand the situation.
    SANJEEV HARIKANT
    PALIO 1.2NV SPORTS(NOT YET SOLD)
    PALIO 1.3SDX MULTIJET(NOT YET SOLD)-DRIVING A JET ON INDIAN ROADS
    SIENA 1.2ELPS(NOT YET SOLD)
    FIAT 1100(NOT YET SOLD)
    VESPA 125(NOT YET SOLD)
    YAMAHA FZ16(NOT YET SOLD)
    YAMAHA R15 VER1(NOT YET SOLD)

View My Garage

Here are some more pics..

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
    Cheers,
    DKM
    ---------------

View My Garage

Thanks to all FIAT-ians who made it to Sathyamangalam.

I really wanted to write this sooner, but life has become so hectic nowadays, and could not find time to sit, organize my thoughts, the events and the incidents which happened during the meet and get it done. So here I am on a Sunday morning, finally trying to get the story written, and this could be a little long one. After all, I now have a reputation of giving long speeches and refusing to hand over the mic to the next person.

So, It all started when me and Joe sir decided to attend the meet. He said, we should start early to avoid the traffic and get out of Kerala roads before the morning traffic started. So we fixed out tentative time of starting as 6:00 AM, 09th March, Friday. I was looking forward to the long drive as well as the break from the hectic and stressful normal schedules. Joe sir had posted a pic of his 1.9 D getting ready on the previous day and this in a way was tempting in itself.

For the last mfw.com meet in Ootty, I drove my Petra 1.6 and had a very nice time on the straight roads as well as the ghats. (Except for the fuel economy of this "drunkard" of a car). 1.9 D was a slightly different proposition altogether and I was really looking forward to the long drive. Only question was, Joe sir being an person who likes to drive just like me, whether he would let be be behind the wheel.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20180308-WA0002.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	106.3 KB 
ID:	12692
    1.9 D being washed and prepped for the drive the previous day...

Name:	WP_20180309_06_40_43_Pro.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	140.6 KB 
ID:	12693
    A pic just before the drive - Friday morning, around 6:00 AM

So, took an auto and reached our place of rendezvous and there was the man and the machine waiting. Took a couple of snaps , and got into the passenger seat.

Name:	WP_20180309_06_40_57_Pro.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	151.9 KB 
ID:	12694
    A pic just before the drive - This one from the front. Friday morning, around 6:00 AM

So we set off a little later than the time we wanted to start, but I was confident that with fairly empty roads and the impressive highway capabilities of the 1.9 D, we could make up for the late start. We cruised on the Cochin - Palakkad - Coimbatore highway, at a good clip, discussing everything under the sun, from truck and bus engines, to FIAT engines, and Joe sir's stories of STIHL, the company for which he used to run a dealership. Also the conversation veered off into other topics like food, culture and hospitality.

Name:	WP_20180309_07_45_21_Pro.jpg 
Size:	123.0 KB 
ID:	12695
    The dashboard of the beast.

Name:	WP_20180309_06_51_52_Pro.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	109.3 KB 
ID:	12696
    Chugging along...

Companionship can be of two types. One in which a comfortable silence exists - The second, in which two people can keep on talking for hours and dont get tired. I always wonder how this brand called FIAT managed to bring such people together - People so diverse and from such different walks of life - People whom I would not have met - If not for this brand!

Name:	WP_20180309_07_48_58_Pro.jpg 
Size:	108.4 KB 
ID:	12697
    Joe sir at the wheel - The driver & The navigator.

We crossed the KL territory without much delay, luckily and the usually jammed "Kuthiran" near Palakkad was fairly free. Once free of the narrow roads and just after entering TN, we decided to stop for breakfast. Stopped at a vegetarian restaurant and we had good masala dosas and vadas with coffee.

Name:	WP_20180309_09_21_46_Pro.jpg 
Size:	144.4 KB 
ID:	12698
    Breakfast stop - After Valayar, TN - KL border.

Name:	WP_20180309_09_22_36_Pro.jpg 
Size:	134.4 KB 
ID:	12699
    Breakfast stop - After Valayar, TN - KL border.

After breakfast, Joe Sir let me drive the car and here is where the fun started for me. In its element the open highways, the 1.9 D, opened up. The needle was constantly at 100 kmph and in some really good stretches, it was flirting with the 120 kmph mark. The suspension of the car is fitted with polyurethane buffers and this minimizes the body roll and the spring compression. The result is a car with a hell lot of torque and with very little - almost nil body roll. Even the brakes, which is the Achilles heel of the retro palio / petra seemed to be better on this car.

Name:	WP_20180309_09_54_21_Pro.jpg 
Size:	104.7 KB 
ID:	12700
    On the TN highways...

What makes a good driver's car?

There are many cars which offer better acceleration. There are many cars with more impressive (0-100) kmph numbers. But for me, a good driver's car is much more complex than that. Its the confidence the car gives you - with a combination of power, handling, surefootedness, braking ability and the feeling of safety. And believe me, this almost a decade old car scores very well.

After Coimbatore, we were supposed to take a left exit from the Coimbatore - Erode highway, but as often happens, the google maps confused us a little and we missed the exit. We took the turn a little later and had to come back parallel to the highway to a point where the original turn would have taken us. But this proved to be a blessing in disguise. The roads were, good, albeit being not as wide as the highway, the visibility was good at least to a km and I had a lot of fun on that road.

Name:	WP_20180309_11_02_58_Pro.jpg 
Size:	230.6 KB 
ID:	12680

Name:	WP_20180309_11_03_26_Pro.jpg 
Size:	215.2 KB 
ID:	12681
    When you drive the right car, its okay lose your way a little.

Name:	WP_20180309_11_14_41_Pro.jpg 
Size:	313.9 KB 
ID:	12682
    Another small break just before entering the Dhimbam ghats

We had another small break in one of the small towns to recheck the directions and soon reached the forest ranges before the "Dhimbam" ghats that we had to cross. The uniformed forest officers just casually enquired where were headed, to which I answered "Germalem", and we were waved though. Like Multijet said, later one look at me, and the officers would have sensed trouble, but one look at Joe sir, and they would have thought these guys can have only good intentions.

Name:	WP_20180309_11_57_22_Pro.jpg 
Size:	156.9 KB 
ID:	12683
    Entering the forest ranges...

We could see a few boards showing the warnings about animal crossings. We soon reached the first hairpin and if I had thought driving the 1.9 D on the highways were good, driving it on the Dhimbam ghats were even better. 1.9 D took the curves and the twists with ease and the only small unwanted thing was the slight rise of the temperature needle. But it never touched the half mark, so I guess that was OK.

Name:	AdobePhotoshopExpress_a56f104987204b6c8172d1e674becb02.jpg 
Size:	83.3 KB 
ID:	12684
    On the Dhimbam ghats

Name:	WP_20180309_12_04_08_Pro.jpg 
Size:	132.4 KB 
ID:	12685
    Selfie with the machine...

We soon crossed the 27 hairpins, without much traffic, and only once we saw a multi axle-d trailer struggling to take a hairpin, We thought of waiting, but when we felt that the traffic was going to pile up, decided to zoom through the opening on one side.

Turned the steering wheel to the left to make space for the turning, built up a little speed, and in the same gear, took a wide sweeping turn and with slight correction of the steering wheel, to take the right upward curve, was though the gap, and free.

After the ghats, the roads were pretty plain and we reached the place where google said was our destination, but we could not find anything except tree. Decided to go a little forward and there it was, a cluster of buildings. There was no doubt that this was the place - The machines were parked neatly in a row. A white Palio MJD, A Wine colored Linea MJD and a late model brown colored Renault Duster.

We entered the place and was welcomed warmly by the FIAT ians. Rahul Gopalam, our liquor trafficker was to arrive a little later in the day in his red Punto MJD.

Name:	IMG-20180311-WA0014.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	146.7 KB 
ID:	12686
    The pic was taken immediately after we reached. Rahul Gopalam is yet to arrive.

Right to left -

Devidas
    Doctor Murali
    Mikhil
    Praveen
    Johny Boy
    Joe Sir
    Me
    Sanju
    Anirban

Name:	WP_20180309_13_17_31_Pro.jpg 
Size:	161.9 KB 
ID:	12687
    The machines parked in front of the resort.

The place we stayed was called "Honey Dew" resorts, a quiet place tucked away on one side of the Sathyamangalam Tiger reserve. We soon settled down. The rooms were good and spacious, and cleanliness levels were also good. Had lunch and everyone had a short nap to relax. Woke up around 4:30 and we had a few cups of tea among us. We sat in a circle and cracked jokes and shared experiences. Some memories were relived. As I have often experienced, though people in this group happen to have come from as diverse backgrounds as possible, the thread of love for FIATs and all good automobiles were keeping us bound and the camaraderie was soaring.

Name:	WP_20180309_17_15_04_Pro.jpg 
Size:	202.8 KB 
ID:	12688
    Tea and ChitChat...

Rahul Gopalam had arrived by that time in his Red Punto MJD and he can be seen in the pic above...

We went for a walk in the gathering dusk on the forest road and the only sounds were the calls of some of the birds and only very occasional vehicle traveling. This is where I learned that a peacock makes a call similar to a cat...Only louder...

Attachment 12690
    A walk in the gathering dusk...

The booze party and experience sharing started around 6:30 and As usual, it was a great experience.

Name:	WP_20180309_19_36_00_Pro.jpg 
Size:	118.0 KB 
ID:	12691
    I suspect he poured stiffer ones for me...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WP_20180309_18_42_11_Pro.jpg  
    Thanks and Regards,

Deepak K.V.

Maruti 800
    FIAT Palio Stile 1.1 SLE
    FIAT Petra 1.6 EL
    TATA Safari DiCOR 3.0 LX

View My Garage

Awesome write up DON...

yea.. stiff ones..

Cheers,
    DKM
    ---------------

View My Garage

I am back with the rest of the story and you must be wondering what made me stop the detailed narrative abruptly.

Basically, I was trying to write the story and post the pics along the way and then I found that the pics I kept uploaded before an hour doesn't get uploaded. So, had to break the story in between. Now I will write the narrative first and insert pics at the required places later.

So, the booze and "experience sharing" continued and yours truly got the last place in the queue to speak. This is supposedly because I have a problem of not stopping the speech once started and the person next to me wouldn't get to talk. So that problem is taken care of, if there is no person to speak after me.

Name:	IMG-20180313-WA0018.jpg 
Size:	74.3 KB 
ID:	12732
    The monk...

There was also the usual T shirt and Gift distribution.

So after booze, we had a good dinner and we went to sleep, the sleep was very peaceful, either because the barman poured me too much or all around us there was silence of the jungle.

In the morning, wildlife enthusiasts and birdwatchers went for a Safari, in the hope of spotting some wildlife, and they were not disappointed, as they saw a Bear, some Giant Squirrels and some Birds.

Myself and Joe Sir took a short drive in the 1.9 D towards Bangalore and came back.

Name:	WP_20180310_07_54_37_Pro.jpg 
Size:	117.6 KB 
ID:	12701
    The morning drive in 1.9 D...

On coming back, we had breakfast and tried making plans for the day. The options varied, as Mikhil and Rahul wanted to go to Dhimbam, Some wanted to go and buy booze, some people just wanted to relax. Finally, no one went out, Some of us ended up spending time in the pool. All of us test drove almost all vehicles and some technical discussions followed.

Name:	IMG_5647.JPG 
Size:	448.4 KB 
ID:	12702

Name:	IMG_5646.JPG 
Size:	453.3 KB 
ID:	12703
    Pool side photography - Sporting mfw T Shirts

By this time we were all sporting the mfw t shirts and a few photo sessions happened, with the mfw banner.

Name:	WP_20180310_16_34_57_Pro.jpg 
Size:	140.2 KB 
ID:	12704
    Technical discussions...

Name:	WP_20180310_16_40_44_Pro.jpg 
Size:	150.7 KB 
ID:	12705
    Knowledge sharing...

Name:	WP_20180310_16_48_01_Pro.jpg 
Size:	176.8 KB 
ID:	12706
    Multijet doing the lubing for Dominar...

Name:	WP_20180310_17_13_14_Pro.jpg 
Size:	101.1 KB 
ID:	12707
    Knuckle dusters on the Palio 1.9 D...

Name:	WP_20180311_14_13_57_Pro.jpg 
Size:	169.9 KB 
ID:	12734
    The visiting dignitary is behind me...

I test drove all the cars, except the Renault. The Renault was driven the next day, that too a short drive.

Palio MJD

Name:	WP_20180310_17_13_28_Pro.jpg 
Size:	133.1 KB 
ID:	12708

This remains an awesome machine, except for the small turbo lag. The traditional strengths of the Palio s are all there and with MJD under the hood, there is nothing much to say about this car.

Punto MJD

Name:	WP_20180310_17_15_15_Pro.jpg 
Size:	151.5 KB 
ID:	12709

Handles very good, Performance is fair, but the turbo lag and slightly awkward driving position are the cons. The tilt able steering wheel, even in its lowest position feels high. But handling is superb. And this could have been a great car except for the initial lag.

Linea MJD

Name:	WP_20180310_17_13_58_Pro.jpg 
Size:	50.4 KB 
ID:	12710

Turbo lag and the ergonomics are the problems here too, but rock solid, great ride quality and very good handling.

All the members test drove the Palio 1.9 D too.

Name:	WP_20180310_17_15_43_Pro.jpg 
Size:	213.0 KB 
ID:	12711
    Praveen and Rahul taking 1.9 D for a spin...

There was supposed to be a jungle safari in the evening too, but then that had to be cancelled due to a wildfire. I satisfied myself with driving the Jeep that would have taken us for the safari, within the compound of the resort.

Name:	IMG-20180312-WA0020.jpg 
Size:	167.2 KB 
ID:	12717
    Me driving the Jeep...

Name:	IMG-20180311-WA0003.jpg 
Size:	77.9 KB 
ID:	12713
    The trick is to act as if you own the place. And the vehicle.

Name:	IMG_5717.jpg 
Size:	77.0 KB 
ID:	12715
    Praveen

Name:	WP_20180311_06_43_33_Pro.jpg 
Size:	159.9 KB 
ID:	12716
    JonhyBoy

The booze was procured by Mikhil and Rahul (Thanks for the treat!) And Joe sir being a jack of all trades and master of some, cooked a chicken dish for us. The snacks to go along with the drinks were yummier this night and there was the usual quiz session.

Anirban, Mikhil and Rahul formed Team A, Doctor Murali, Me and Praveen formed Team B and Joe Sir, Johny Boy and Sanjeev formed Team C. Devidas was the quiz master.

Quiz masters -At least in the next meet, please avoid questions which requires us to memorize the years. At least I just cant do it.

The party was more sober this night and unlike the previous day, we did not have the whole place for ourselves.

Name:	IMG-20180313-WA0016.jpg 
Size:	80.3 KB 
ID:	12733
    A walk together...

The next morning, we went for a safari and took to the jungle trails. Though there were some calls, we could not sight anything good, but at that some point of time, there were elephants close by. we could hear the calls and the branches breaking.

Name:	IMG-20180311-WA0007.jpg 
Size:	85.1 KB 
ID:	12718
    MultiJet...

Name:	IMG_5738.jpg 
Size:	80.8 KB 
ID:	12719
    Me and Anirban...

Name:	IMG-20180311-WA0015.jpg 
Size:	80.0 KB 
ID:	12720
    A casual snap...

It is said that in the wild, an animal spots you much before you can spot the animal, may be they all spotted us beforehand and decided not to grace us with a sighting.

Name:	WP_20180311_07_26_02_Pro.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	150.4 KB 
ID:	12721
    Anirban....

Name:	WP_20180311_07_42_55_Pro.jpg 
Size:	202.5 KB 
ID:	12722
    Anirban...

Name:	WP_20180311_07_42_27_Pro.jpg 
Size:	208.0 KB 
ID:	12728
    Johny Boy!!!

Came back to the resort, had break fast and it was time to leave. There was parting speech from some of us and Rahul Gopalam invited all of us for his marriage and handed over beautifully designed invitation cards to all.

Name:	WP_20180311_08_13_40_Pro.jpg 
Size:	199.0 KB 
ID:	12723
    Jonhy Boy...

Name:	IMG-20180311-WA0024.jpg 
Size:	118.1 KB 
ID:	12724
    Food...

Name:	WP_20180311_10_12_00_Pro.jpg 
Size:	118.1 KB 
ID:	12725
    Parting speech...

Name:	WP_20180311_10_11_02_Pro.jpg 
Size:	126.3 KB 
ID:	12726
    Rahul passing on marriage invitation cards...

Name:	WP_20180311_10_11_12_Pro.jpg 
Size:	40.1 KB 
ID:	12727
    Wish you a Happy Married Life, Rahul!!!

We took some more pics and finally it was time to wind up. We all said goodbyes and there were some hugs and (platonic) kisses. There was also a brief discussion on the next meet regarding locations and distances.

Name:	WP_20180311_10_34_13_Pro.jpg 
Size:	162.0 KB 
ID:	12731
    Me with Joe Sir and Doctor Murali...

Me and Joe sir stopped at a nearby place to purchase a few bottles of honey and we took a break near Coimbatore for at a nursery at Vijayamangalam. We again had to detour around 100 kms as we wanted to visit this nursery.

Name:	WP_20180310_08_13_22_Pro.jpg 
Size:	139.0 KB 
ID:	12729
    On the way back...

Name:	WP_20180311_12_33_07_Pro.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	157.0 KB 
ID:	12730
    On the way back...

Had a late lunch. and was home at Cochin by 8:30.

Name:	WP_20180311_11_53_51_Pro - Copy.jpg 
Size:	140.2 KB 
ID:	12735

Name:	WP_20180311_11_33_46_Pro.jpg 
Size:	110.5 KB 
ID:	12736
    The ghats...The beginning and the end...

Name:	IMG-20180311-WA0001.jpg 
Size:	222.4 KB 
ID:	12737
    This bird at the resort kept threatening us with its war cries...

So there ends my story..Me and Joe sir had planned to drive to Ootty for last meet, but that did not happen unfortunately. Happy that we could make this time!

Thanks to all who made it! Missed the bigger crowd that came for Ootty, Looking forward to the next meet...

Name:	WP_20180311_15_48_20_Pro.jpg 
Size:	151.7 KB 
ID:	12738
    A break near Coimbatore on the way back...

Thank you!!!
    Thanks and Regards,

Deepak K.V.

Maruti 800
    FIAT Palio Stile 1.1 SLE
    FIAT Petra 1.6 EL
    TATA Safari DiCOR 3.0 LX

View My Garage

Fantastic write up guys This one reminded of the last Ooty meet. Missed the gang this time. And more i missed the T-Shirt hehehe

@DKM how did the quiz go? Anyone took Video of the quiz show?

BTW upload any of your videos to Youtube and then post it here please. Videos are the ones missing which i'm sure most of you must have taken it.

@Deepak aka Don - Welcome back and kudos on your write up. You actually took me to the moments of the meet, nice one. Did you missed your 1.6?

@JB - Did you bought a Duster? What happened to your loving Pollloo

@Rahul - Congratulations and advance welcome to the Club :D

@Anirban - I just want to say - Where's next? hehehe
    Last edited by Rudrah; 20-03-2018 at 05:07 PM.
    Sinfully Sexy, Shamelessly Raw, Explicitly Powerful. Nothing better than the Palio 1.6 Horse!
    2008 Palio Stile 1.6 Sports - Formula Red
    2014 Royal Enfield - Bullet 500
    2002 Bajaj Pulsar 150 (Sold)

View My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rudrah View Post
    Fantastic write up guys This one reminded of the last Ooty meet. Missed the gang this time. And more i missed the T-Shirt hehehe

BTW upload any of your videos to Youtube and then post it here please. Videos are the ones missing which i'm sure most of you must have taken it.

@Deepak aka Don - Welcome back and kudos on your write up. You actually took me to the moments of the meet, nice one. Did you missed your 1.6?

There was no video taken Subodh..
    Joe Sir cracked all the technical questions..it was a walk in the park for him..
    It was a fun event..

Cheers,
    DKM
    ---------------

D.L.
    View My Garage

No man. I was not brave like Sanjeev to drive all the way from Mumbai. So went to Bangalore and drove my friend's Duster from there.
    As for the 'loving' polo, I'm planning to sell it and get a Punto or Linea. Sanjeev found one Punto couple of month's back, but it didn't work out. Let me know if you come across any good cars.

View My Garage

Dear Rudra,

I missed the 1.6, but then also think about the fuel it would have guzzled had we been using it to scorch the highways and conquer the ghats like we did with the 1.9 D...

And Yes, Ootty meet was something I really enjoyed; Missed you guys really - More than I missed the 1.6, anyway.

Thanks and Regards,

Deepak K.V.

Maruti 800
    FIAT Palio Stile 1.1 SLE
    FIAT Petra 1.6 EL
    TATA Safari DiCOR 3.0 LX

View My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JohnyBoy View Post
    No man. I was not brave like Sanjeev to drive all the way from Mumbai. So went to Bangalore and drove my friend's Duster from there.
    As for the 'loving' polo, I'm planning to sell it and get a Punto or Linea. Sanjeev found one Punto couple of month's back, but it didn't work out. Let me know if you come across any good cars.
    JB, again a Punto?? What's your feedback on the Duster during the trip?

Quote Originally Posted by kvdeep View Post
    Dear Rudra,

I missed the 1.6, but then also think about the fuel it would have guzzled had we been using it to scorch the highways and conquer the ghats like we did with the 1.9 D...

And Yes, Ootty meet was something I really enjoyed; Missed you guys really - More than I missed the 1.6, anyway.

hahaha thats true the 1.6 is a fun to drive on the ghats but then its high on the fuel consumption too!

Glad to hear, buddy. Good to see you back I remember the morning times and the campfire moments spend together!

Someday hopefully soon we will catch up
    Sinfully Sexy, Shamelessly Raw, Explicitly Powerful. Nothing better than the Palio 1.6 Horse!
    2008 Palio Stile 1.6 Sports - Formula Red
    2014 Royal Enfield - Bullet 500
    2002 Bajaj Pulsar 150 (Sold)