Thread: What is the Use of and Inference from INSPECTION WINDOW in Transmission Casing?

D.L.
    View My Garage

What is the Use of and Inference from INSPECTION WINDOW in Transmission Casing?

Friends,
    This is related to Fiat Palio 1.2 Petrol Gearbox. I herewith attach a picture of the Transmission casing of the car. There appears a small square/rectangular type hole (say about 2 cm X 2.5 cm size), technically called " INSPECTION WINDOW". From that only few teeth of flywheel appears or becomes visible. No other space is there to do anything else in that.

My confusion is :
    What should we observe in that and What inference we get from which type of symptoms?
    How can we take judgments about the clutch plate, Clutch release bearing, pressure plate or other components etc. through this so small window?

Valuable detailed guidance is highly requested from experienced and knowledgeable forum members and readers as well as visitors.

Regards with THANKS in anticipation.

Navin Talati /18-01-2018
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Inspection Window in Transmission Casing - Palio.jpg  

D.L.
    View My Garage

Re: What is the Use of and Inference from INSPECTION WINDOW in Transmission Casing?

This is for timing inspection using the flywheel mark without removing the damper pulley from the timing belt side to check and adjust the engine crank shaft position.