Thread: Jack of all Trades....

Marshal
    View My Garage

Jack of all Trades....

I was running low on fuel and ended up at Indian Oil fuel station, next to Manyatha Tech park, Bangalore. Being a gen holiday, access was easy else, we have heard horror stories of traffic around the tech park.

I pulled out System D fuel additive and proceeded to add measured dose to the fuel tank when I suddenly realized 5-6 pairs of peering eyes watching me. It so happened that a travel agency was refueling their fleet of cars. Uniformed drivers in immaculate white (a rare sight) had a lot of questions to ask and ended up interacting with them. One smelt the liquid and his wise crack was that System D smells like kerosene....

Ended up giving them dhyan of how the liquid is supposed to clean the injectors and make the running smooth. Gave them more dhyan on using 2T oil on long drives and they thought they were speaking to an expert At the same time the manager of the fuel station walks in to join the discussion and says system D is good. The drivers take him to task for never recommending the stuff to them earlier... he was in a spot for a minute.

As I filled up diesel and started the car, the drivers slowly moved towards the front of the car to check if the engine noise was indeed less... As I moved forward, could see some satisfied look on their face through the rear view mirror....

Never imagined a noob like me would be given an audience by seasoned drivers

Competition Licence
    View My Garage

Re: Jack of all Trades....

ha ha good one Doc. If you had told them about your profession, it would have been even more interesting to see their expressions

Btw, i think this particular IOC pump is one of the best ones in Bangalore i feel. Is this a COCO pump?

View My Garage

Aah can imagine their faces and getting enlightened after the gyan

I don't see any petrol pumps keeping the System G/D. I've checked both in HP and BP fuel bunks. Infact BP used to keep it but I don't see it in my location.

I've used 2T oil during my long trip but just couple of times.

@Birdie, do you use it consistently or whats the frequency?

It's still debatable whether System G/D is worth it or going for fuel with additives from the Fuel bunks.

Reference: http://www.myfiatworld.com/showthread.php?t=271
    Sinfully Sexy, Shamelessly Raw, Explicitly Powerful. Nothing better than the Palio 1.6 Horse!
    2008 Palio Stile 1.6 Sports - Formula Red
    2014 Royal Enfield - Bullet 500
    2002 Bajaj Pulsar 150 (Sold)

Competition Licence
    View My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rudrah View Post
    Aah can imagine their faces and getting enlightened after the gyan

I don't see any petrol pumps keeping the System G/D. I've checked both in HP and BP fuel bunks. Infact BP used to keep it but I don't see it in my location.

Reference: http://www.myfiatworld.com/showthread.php?t=271
    System G/D is available only with IOC pumps i feel, not 100% sure though
    Last edited by prashu_m2; 06-11-2017 at 11:36 AM.

View My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by prashu_m2 View Post
    System G/D is available only with IOC pumps i feel, not 100% sure though
    No it used to be with BP pumps. I searched online too at Amazon but it was out of stock. Finally today I saw it at a Spares shop 690Rs for the one time use bottle.
    Sinfully Sexy, Shamelessly Raw, Explicitly Powerful. Nothing better than the Palio 1.6 Horse!

Competition Licence
    View My Garage

No it used to be with BP pumps. I searched online too at Amazon but it was out of stock. Finally today I saw it at a Spares shop 690Rs for the one time use bottle.
    Go for Liqui Moly fue additive instead. I used it in my last full tank and can see a big improvement in engine NVH and smoothness levels. It costs less also i guess compared to System D

Marshal
    View My Garage

Sorry for the late reply..... Couldnt access the site for a long time..

Rudrah, for the first time, I'm using the System D regularly 1ml/ 1 litre proportion and I can vouch that the car is quieter and smooth, idle noise is less and perhaps the pick-up is better. Have used it for 5 continuous tankful.... approx 3000 kms now. Haven't had a chance to take it on the highway for a while now. Its definitely helping the ageing engine....

I guess this is not a fast moving product and hence not easily available. I picked this up when I purchased engine oil for servicing. Guess popular lube outlets should have stock of the product.

View My Garage

Curious to know how do you guys manage to put the 1ml to 1lt ratio?

Competition Licence
    View My Garage

Curious to know how do you guys manage to put the 1ml to 1lt ratio?
    the bottle comes with a measuring cap

View My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by prashu_m2 View Post
    the bottle comes with a measuring cap
    I am aware of that but the fueling is so fast, how do you manage to put 1ml to every ltr is what i mean to say.

View My Garage

System G/D is put post the fueling and not simultaneously.
    System G/D is available with only one oil retailing company - i guess HP. IOC and HP will have their own brands or tie ups. i think IOC having a product by Elf.
    Neelay Shirali
    Mumbai
    Palio1.2 nv Sports
    My Stairway to Heaven

View My Garage

I am aware of that but the fueling is so fast, how do you manage to put 1ml to every ltr is what i mean to say.
    Sorry guys my bad understanding of this procedure. Ignore it, i got how that is put now

BTW I got the System G from a Spares shop. I bought the one that is to be used completely for the first time and then use the ml to lt proportion in subsequent refills.

The experience is good, acceleration is quite smooth, seems the vibrations has toned down too with better pick up. I'm going to use continuously in my subsequent refuels.

Marshal
    View My Garage

Rudrah, it helps if you are a bartender once in a while to understand how much is 30ml, 60ml and a Patiala

Glad to know you are finding some difference in your car.

Joe sir advised me to to add about 200 ml of SAE 90 or 140 Gear oil as engine oil additive. He says it willfill the gaps caused by wear and makes the engine smoother and will give it some lost youth!! However, it may take a while for the effect to be appreciated.... Worth a try in my ageing engine I guess. Will keep you updated...