Thread: Bangalore Breakfast Meet.... Masala Dosa, filter Kapi and Charcha

Marshal
    View My Garage

Bangalore Breakfast Meet.... Masala Dosa, filter Kapi and Charcha

A breakfast meet was planned by the Bangalore MFW team and executed to perfection and like most others, this was a mega hit too....

Bangalore, being the land of Masala dosa, the plan was to discuss our mean machines and more, over the crispy tasty bites and filter kapi.... As always, the response picked up steam closer to the date and the venue was fixed as Konark Hotel, Kanteereva stadium. The stadium has ample parking space and being in the heart of the city, reasonably easy to approach on a Sunday.

As the D-Day neared, we had almost 15 members interested and finally 12 showed up. Table was booked in advance, all were excited as parking was not a concern, but then when we reach the venue, a rude shock was waiting for us--Parking was banned on that day as road work was anticipated within the campus. Thankfully, police had permitted parking on the road side and all of us made our way after parking closeby. Except for a few early birds, most walked in by 9 am and the conversations flowed, food came in torrents and piping hot filter kapi was downed faster than beer....

The gang:

Prashant: An affable, ever smiling man is an expert at spotting and feeling the slightest change in the vehicle mannerisms... be it a rattle or suspension. Put him behind the wheel of any mean machine, we can see his split personality take over..... No wonder, he has earned the title "Prashumacher"!! He's also on the verge of clocking 2 lakh kms in his Palio MJD.

Kiran: A new member with a fascination to buy a new Fiat hatch.... We have confused him enough in his decision making between an Urban Cross and a Punto....hope he does not run away from Fiat. Fingers crossed....

Venkat: A palio 1.9 D owner who has clocked 2.38 lakh kms on the odo, recently bought a pre-owned Linea and I'm sure it will also munch miles....

Sageesh: Native of God's own country, he lives closer to Hosur than Bangalore.... Drives a beautifully maintained Punto.

Kedar: An architect, photographer, animal rescue champ (he believes not only in rescue but also keeping the rescued ones for good), drives a remapped T Jet.

Aditya: A new entrant to the Fiat family by buying a 2017 manufactured T Jet against all odds... Hope the beast gives you miles of smiles. If he decides to write about his T Jet buying experience, guess it will run into pages.....

Bharani: Drives a 2004 Petra 1.6. The build quality of the vehicle was the talking point.... We all hope you manage to fix all the niggles and keep the car for long.

Binil: A software pro but an expert on tyres, drives a Linea MJD and used to own a Palio MJD earlier. Glad he gave up his fixation for Mahindra TUV....

Devidas: The driving force behind the Blr group, always brimming with ideas.... Drives a MJD and a Bullet. Also runs a rebottling plant at home

Praveen: Marketing pro from Hyderabad, drives a Linea MJD and a palio 100 horses. Believes in gate crashing to most of our meets....

Anand Baid: Drives a World Car T Jet, that has been driven from Bangalore to Paris with his family.... a fairy tale journey. The list of countries he covered en-route is breath taking.... Many generations are going to remember this feat!!

Yours Truly: Between mending teeth, found time to clock 2 lakh kms in my Palio MJD. The ageing workhorse sensing my half hearted attempts at replacement, is showing its true worth and am smiling through the journey

Imagine, when all these characters come together for breakfast.... the food takes a backseat and the discussions flow ceaselessly... The star of the day of course was Anand Baid and none of us could satiate with the questions we posed him. Hats off to him for answering all our queries with a smile and a big heart!!

Discussions, photo shoots, lining up the cars, a short drive, more photo shoots and endless conversations.... A morning well spent

Request all to post pics please...

Dr. Murali

Marshal
    View My Garage

Re: Bangalore Breakfast Meet.... Masala Dosa, filter Kapi and Charcha

Panoramic view of the Mean Machines
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170709_110819402.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	12099

The Gang (L to R)
    Sageesh, Praveen, Venkat, Devidas, Anand Baid, Binil, Kiran, Bharani, Kedar, Aditya & Prashant

Name:	IMG_20170709_111202113_HDR.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	182.2 KB 
ID:	12100

The World Car!!

Name:	IMG_20170709_103212075.jpg 
Size:	190.5 KB 
ID:	12097

The list of countries it has passed through!

Name:	IMG_20170709_103229813.jpg 
Size:	157.6 KB 
ID:	12098

View My Garage

Nice one, Doc

But where are the Dosas and the filter kafis Breakfast meet and no pics of the food, thats cruel

As usual a good turnout for the meet and with new faces too. Great work, Bangalore team

Welcome to the MFW family, Anand. Glad to see him joining us.

Awaiting more pictures and feedback from the gang
    Sinfully Sexy, Shamelessly Raw, Explicitly Powerful. Nothing better than the Palio 1.6 Horse!
    2008 Palio Stile 1.6 Sports - Formula Red
    2014 Royal Enfield - Bullet 500
    2002 Bajaj Pulsar 150 (Sold)

D.L.
    View My Garage

Well written doctor sir.

The meet was wonderful as usual and I have really enjoyed every moment of it.Thank you all for making it this good and a remarkable experience and special thanks to Anand Baid for his presence.

It was a little hard for me to wake up early in the morning on a Sunday and drive about 26kms through Bangalore city but I am more than happy about the experience, feel and energy extended from the meet.

The advantage I feel about this group is more than just car (obviously FIAT) lovers all are good mechanics too. Such an in depth knowledge on automobiles are not that common to be seen from individuals who are in different professions.

Most importantly, the group became my Google for everything about cars perhaps a way beyond that. More than intended, the meets are becoming opportunities to upgrade knowledge, get to know do’s & don’ts, best practices and brainstorming on automobiles.

Needless to mention about the excitement explodes in every meet when get to know the ‘Next One’.

Eagerly waiting for the two announced,

1. Lepakshi
    2. Ladakh

Thanks
    Sageesh R

View My Garage

Great going team Bangalore !!! Looks like the Fiat family down south is growing slow and steady
    Welcome to the newcomers

Regards
    Hrushikesh

Competition Licence
    View My Garage

wonderful meet, thanks DKM and Birdie for organising yet another successful meet.

It was a pleasure meeting everyone with special mention about meeting Anand. Got to learn a lot from his around world travel experiences, truly inspiring.

look forward to the next one

Seeded Driver
    View My Garage

Wow anand was part of the meet. Amazing pictures and the world car is back in pictures brings back many memories as I have been following him since the start of the journey. Kudos to mfwians there.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

D.L.
    View My Garage

Great meet and a good turnout. Waiting for more pics from this meet.