View My Garage

A Milestone to Cherish!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170626_150511519.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	139.5 KB 
ID:	12090

It's been a long journey....

Was looking for a replacement for the humble M800. Went against the tide--'No resale value', 'Pathetic service', 'Why this car' were a few opinions I got.

Went ahead and bought the Fiat Palio Stile MJD. What a journey it has been!! Drives like a charm even today, amazing road mannerisms and can take on any challenge on the highway. Have explored innumerable off beat places, crossed streams and made my own road.... Enjoying the beast

Had some niggling issues recently.... the famous hard clutch, car was a bit sluggish, mileage was dropping a bit, and by oversight had overshot the service interval by 1000kms. During service, replaced engine oil with HP fully synthetic, clutch bleeding was done, got EGR valve cleaned and on the recommendation of Rajesh, a trusted mechanic, got the exhaust cleaned.

A trip to Kodaikanal, almost 500 kms from Blr and some scenic drives to Berijam lake and Manavanoor put the car to test and it came out with flying colors. Excellent pick up, good mileage and a reasonably soft clutch restored my smile.... Any thought of replacing the can in the near future has gone out the window!!

Except for a Volvo sedan that zipped past me at speeds of 150+ kmph, most other cars on the roads including Innova, Creta, Marutis and Hyundais were no match for the Palio. Fastag makes a big difference in TN toll booths as they keep the lane open unnlike KA and other states....
    Last edited by Birdie; 29-06-2017 at 10:41 AM.

View My Garage

Re: A Milestone to Cherish!!

Congratulations birdie
    Many more miles to go..

It's indeed a solid car..

But you now can definitely upgrade to a Jeep
    👍😊😊

Sent from my Mi 4i using Tapatalk
    Cheers,
    DKM
    ---------------
    2010 - Fiat Palio 1.3 MJD Bossa Nova White
    1994 - Royal Enfield STD 350 Army Green

View My Garage

Re: A Milestone to Cherish!!

2L kms on the ODO! Wow!!

Brilliant, it must have been an amazing journey so far with lots of challenging paths and experiences with the car!

How long the new purchase is out of the window now hehehe

You can buy new one and keep this as a second car for your son
    Sinfully Sexy, Shamelessly Raw, Explicitly Powerful. Nothing better than the Palio 1.6 Horse!
    2008 Palio Stile 1.6 Sports - Formula Red
    2014 Royal Enfield - Bullet 500
    2002 Bajaj Pulsar 150 (Sold)