Thread: FNG in HSR Layout?

Seeded Driver
    View My Garage

FNG in HSR Layout?

Dear members

Any recommended FNG around HSR layout? My Punto is due for its yearly service - just run 10k km from previous service one year ago. During my two previous visits to Vecto Motors in Singasandra, I somehow get an impression that they are only interested in changing parts than anything else. If anyone has a better view please let me know.

Thanks

Vijeth
    Vijeth
    1) Yamaha RXG (Sold)
    2) Tata Nano (Sold)
    3) Palio NV 1.2 (Sold)
    4) Punto 1.3 Active (54000 kms Sold)
    5) Renault Kwid 1.0 EASY-R (New Arrival)

Competition Licence
    View My Garage

Re: FNG in HSR Layout?

please try Rajesh @7406016506, he is in Hosa Road. Before going check with him if service related parts are available, if not, you will have to take them along with you

View My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Vijethcm View Post
    Dear members

Any recommended FNG around HSR layout? My Punto is due for its yearly service - just run 10k km from previous service one year ago. During my two previous visits to Vecto Motors in Singasandra, I somehow get an impression that they are only interested in changing parts than anything else. If anyone has a better view please let me know.

Thanks

Vijeth
    Off-Topic--

Vijeth, long time buddy. Back to Bangalore for good with your Punto?
    Sinfully Sexy, Shamelessly Raw, Explicitly Powerful. Nothing better than the Palio 1.6 Horse!
    2008 Palio Stile 1.6 Sports - Formula Red
    2014 Royal Enfield - Bullet 500
    2002 Bajaj Pulsar 150 (Sold)

Seeded Driver
    View My Garage

Hi Rudrah. Thank you!! Yes. Yes. Yes. Back to Namma Ooru (in Oct 2016). For good. And with Punto :-). Sounding glad, ain't I ;-)

After moving to Bengaluru was laid down for sometime and nearly sold off the Punto. But the bond was made of Fevicol. So turned down a customer ready with payment at the last moment!

Seeded Driver
    View My Garage

Hi Rajesh

Thank you. As is the case with me I made an impulsive decision to leave my car with Carsmith - a MyTvs franchisee near Agara. The process so far is good. They only advised routine oil and filter change, with clutch due by next service (which is what my observation was but kept quiet to test them).

Once I get the car back will know for good how good they are! They sent me a quote via WhatsApp for approval. Material plus labour Costing less than what FASS charges only for material. Google showed good reviews.

Will keep this forum posted!

@readers - do still put in the names of any service centre here. They may be useful for one and all.

Vijeth

View My Garage

Hi Rajesh

Thank you. As is the case with me I made an impulsive decision to leave my car with Carsmith - a MyTvs franchisee near Agara. The process so far is good. They only advised routine oil and filter change, with clutch due by next service (which is what my observation was but kept quiet to test them).

Once I get the car back will know for good how good they are! They sent me a quote via WhatsApp for approval. Material plus labour Costing less than what FASS charges only for material. Google showed good reviews.

Will keep this forum posted!

@readers - do still put in the names of any service centre here. They may be useful for one and all.

Vijeth
    Great, this is new to us. There is a separate thread on the Support section where you can add this service center(pics/ address/contact number) for reference and rate them according to your experience.
    Sinfully Sexy, Shamelessly Raw, Explicitly Powerful. Nothing better than the Palio 1.6 Horse!

View My Garage

Hey Vijeth

I am in HSR layout.. I take my Palio to Rajesh in hosa road, pretty happy with his mechanical knowledge..

Let's catch up sometime..

Sent from my Mi 4i using Tapatalk
    Cheers,
    DKM
    ---------------
    2010 - Fiat Palio 1.3 MJD Bossa Nova White
    1994 - Royal Enfield STD 350 Army Green

Seeded Driver
    View My Garage

Hi dkm

Thanks for the note. Next service I will try out Rajesh's workshop.

Which brings me to the review of Carsmith - with whom I left my car for service.

Workshop Ambience - Neat. Has bays for about 10 cars. Saw at least a Land Rover, a Linea, and yet another high-end car I cannot remember.

Customer Centricity - As I entered the waiting area (in 1F) nobody was around. A person from the workshop below spotted me and inquired. Promptly a service advisor walked up to me, and was followed by Vishwas, the owner of the workshop. After inquiring with me on the needs, prepared a job card. A delivery time of at-least one day was sought and was told that will be using spares from FIAT. Subsequently a quote was sent along with permission to use Diesel Filter from Tata, Oil & Air Filter from Elofic. I gave the go ahead as I have read of Tata spares being interchangeable (same engine ultimately).

Quality of Work - Cannot say much; the car is behaving good. The test drive / diagnosis by the workshop only revealed a weakening clutch - which I am aware of. Decided to wait on this as the clutch seems good for another 10k kms (now the ODO is at 53000). A fair life considering that sometimes the car was driven by drivers, my siblings, and with a slight flaw in my clutch release technique as well (or possibly the seating position). Some minor noises exist in the dashboard - from the plastics - but not rattles. Only when going on a hard road joint you will hear the noise. No news of wheel alignment checks / balancing. This was possibly not required as I had got the alignment done in December / January after which the car has hardly run 1000 / 1200 kms.

Overall Rating - 7.5 /10.

Reason: I checked the next morning when the car will be ready; was told that the car is ready but not washed and will be done in the evening. I said that I would rather pick it up in the morning. The person on phone said that the service charges include a wash. I said it's fine. And at delivery (almost after one hour) I took the car in as is / where is condition. No discounts offered, no flexibility shown in giving a quick wash. These aspects differentiate from good to great - in my opinion.

Will I go back to this center? Probably Yes. Nothing I have observed negative to not recommend this workshop.

Breakup of Bill:

Service Charges: 2500/-
    Oil & Air Filter: 550
    Engine Oil: 1575
    Diesel Filter: 1829
    Brake Bulb: 20
    Taxes: 826
    Total: 6449.

Hope this helps. The service was for 4 years / 60000 kms (my car has run 53000).

Cheers!
    Vijeth
    1) Yamaha RXG (Sold)
    2) Tata Nano (Sold)
    3) Palio NV 1.2 (Sold)
    4) Punto 1.3 Active (54000 kms Sold)
    5) Renault Kwid 1.0 EASY-R (New Arrival)

View My Garage

Hi dkm

Thanks for the note. Next service I will try out Rajesh's workshop.

Which brings me to the review of Carsmith - with whom I left my car for service.

Workshop Ambience - Neat. Has bays for about 10 cars. Saw at least a Land Rover, a Linea, and yet another high-end car I cannot remember.

Customer Centricity - As I entered the waiting area (in 1F) nobody was around. A person from the workshop below spotted me and inquired. Promptly a service advisor walked up to me, and was followed by Vishwas, the owner of the workshop. After inquiring with me on the needs, prepared a job card. A delivery time of at-least one day was sought and was told that will be using spares from FIAT. Subsequently a quote was sent along with permission to use Diesel Filter from Tata, Oil & Air Filter from Elofic. I gave the go ahead as I have read of Tata spares being interchangeable (same engine ultimately).

Quality of Work - Cannot say much; the car is behaving good. The test drive / diagnosis by the workshop only revealed a weakening clutch - which I am aware of. Decided to wait on this as the clutch seems good for another 10k kms (now the ODO is at 53000). A fair life considering that sometimes the car was driven by drivers, my siblings, and with a slight flaw in my clutch release technique as well (or possibly the seating position). Some minor noises exist in the dashboard - from the plastics - but not rattles. Only when going on a hard road joint you will hear the noise. No news of wheel alignment checks / balancing. This was possibly not required as I had got the alignment done in December / January after which the car has hardly run 1000 / 1200 kms.

Overall Rating - 7.5 /10.

Reason: I checked the next morning when the car will be ready; was told that the car is ready but not washed and will be done in the evening. I said that I would rather pick it up in the morning. The person on phone said that the service charges include a wash. I said it's fine. And at delivery (almost after one hour) I took the car in as is / where is condition. No discounts offered, no flexibility shown in giving a quick wash. These aspects differentiate from good to great - in my opinion.

Will I go back to this center? Probably Yes. Nothing I have observed negative to not recommend this workshop.

Breakup of Bill:

Service Charges: 2500/-
    Oil & Air Filter: 550
    Engine Oil: 1575
    Diesel Filter: 1829
    Brake Bulb: 20
    Taxes: 826
    Total: 6449.

Hope this helps. The service was for 4 years / 60000 kms (my car has run 53000).

Cheers!
    Thanks for sharing this, the cost sounds resonable. I see there were no major replacements done. This service didn't needed for any other liquid changes?

P.S. here is the link where you can update this Service center for others reference - Trusted mechanics in Bangalore

Seeded Driver
    View My Garage

Well. I had forgotten to take along the ownership manual so couldn't see what other things are due including fluids. Possibly next service things should be taken care..