Thread: Palio MJD service just short of 2 Lakh on the Odo

Marshal
    View My Garage

Palio MJD service just short of 2 Lakh on the Odo

The last couple of 1000 kms before achieving this 2L unique landmark seems to be going very slow and Raaj sowed the seed of suspicion whether the odometer is functioning.....

In the enthusiasm to achieve the milestone, I almost missed servicing the car and the car had run about 1000 kms more... Had scheduled a routine check-up before taking the car to Kodaikanal as the clutch was getting a bit hard. As Rajesh, the acclaimed mechanic had run out of the usual Wurth Engine oil, had to go searching for a worthy replacement and happened to come across a fully synthetic oil by HP reasonably priced at 1000 for 3.5 litres. A call to Joe sir to confirm if this oil is fine and was all set to service the car in addition to check up.

Reached Rajesh's garage by 9 am on a sunday... the only day Hosur road is driver friendly and he started working on the machine. Wanted to specifically get the clutch bleeding done. Rajesh was a bit skeptical due to a couple of bad experiences earlier where the bleeding led to replacement of clutch system as the pedal became spongy.... Also, wanted to flush out the existing Dot 4 oil and replace fresh one. Everything was accomplished systematically and bleeding the clutch and the brakes was successful.

The car had a longstanding problem of excess smoke in the exhaust and hence the EGR valve was cleaned and Rajesh also advised cleaning the exhaust of all the carbon accumulated over the years. Man, was there some corbon in there.... the entire floor turned black and Rajesh had to spend more water and time cleaning the floor!! Overall, good job done...

The car which was getting a bit sluggish has been rejuvenated, the smile is back on my face and the clutch is relatively soft now. Kodai, here I come

Total cost (Engine Oil, Brake fluid, Oil & Air filters and labor): Rs. 3700

Any thought of replacing the car in the immediate future has gone out the window

Competition Licence
    View My Garage

Re: Palio MJD service just short of 2 Lakh on the Odo

how is the exhaust cleaning done?

Quote Originally Posted by Birdie View Post
    Any thought of replacing the car in the immediate future has gone out the window

Quote Originally Posted by Birdie View Post
    how about this one?
    Last edited by prashu_m2; 22-06-2017 at 06:07 AM.

Marshal
    View My Garage

Re: Palio MJD service just short of 2 Lakh on the Odo

Quote Originally Posted by prashu_m2 View Post
    how is the exhaust cleaning done?

Turn engine on, rev the engine to 3000 rpm and use a water hose through the exhaust pipe to flush out the deposits. In fact this was the first time I touched the danger mark marked in red on the rpm meter.

This worked very well as the car was a bit sluggish and after the recent trip to Kodaikanal, I can say the Palio rules on hill and twisting roads!!

how about this one?
    Seems beyond my budget....