Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jeep Compass India to debut on April 12 in India EDIT: Priced 14.95L to to 20.65L!

View My Garage

Cool Jeep Compass India to debut on April 12 in India EDIT: Priced 14.95L to to 20.65L!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0_468_700_http___cdni.autocarindia.com_ExtraImages_20170322030424_iris.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	25.6 KB 
ID:	11886

Jeep is set to unveil the India-spec Compass SUV on April 12, 2017. The SUV will be Jeepís first locally assembled model with production to take place at Fiatís facility in Ranjangaon.

For India, the carmaker is expected to have an extensive line-up of models which will include a petrol, a diesel, an automatic and a 4x4 drivetrain in the hopes of making an immediate impact in the segment.

Although the company is tight-lipped about engine details, we believe the diesel will be a Multijet 2.0-litre, four-cylinder engine that should put out 170hp and 350Nm of torque. The automatic gearbox, a nine-speed unit, is likely to be paired with this engine. For the petrol Compass, it will be a 1.4-litre Multiair engine that puts out 140hp. The engine uses a turbocharger and has electro-hydraulic solenoids between the camshaft and the valve to achieve precise variable timing. This helps the engine claim more power and efficiency than a regular variable valve timing engine. True to Jeep's off-roading credentials, the 4x4 system will have a low ratio and a traction management system for various terrains like sand, mud, rocks, etc.

In terms of exterior styling, there is expected to be little that'll set the India-spec SUV apart from the international model. The interior, however, could get a few changes such as dual-tone upholstery and plenty of metal-finished trim to meet the preferences of Indian customers. Higher variants for India are likely to offer leather upholstery, a panoramic sunroof and locking differentials to give it true off-road credentials.

The Compass will compete with models like the Hyundai Tucson and Honda CR-V, but its 4x4 option is what will set it apart. Expect prices to be in the region of Rs 18 to 25 lakh.

Source: Autocar India
    Sinfully Sexy, Shamelessly Raw, Explicitly Powerful. Nothing better than the Palio 1.6 Horse!
    2008 Palio Stile 1.6 Sports - Formula Red
    2014 Royal Enfield - Bullet 500
    2002 Bajaj Pulsar 150 (Sold)

View My Garage

Re: Jeep Compass India to debut on April 12 in India

The Jeep Compass is definitely a make or break model for the brand in India. By the look, interior comfort, loads of features, its a fantastic piece crafted but all depends how much they bring it here in India and how much they price it for. Anything above 25L, they are entering the Fortuner and Ford Endevour path and will be doomed.

Sinfully Sexy, Shamelessly Raw, Explicitly Powerful. Nothing better than the Palio 1.6 Horse!

View My Garage

The pricing is not yet finalised... But speculation is around 20L on road..
    The baby Cherokee..

Sent from my Mi 4i using Tapatalk
    Cheers,
    DKM
    ---------------
    2010 - Fiat Palio 1.3 MJD Bossa Nova White
    1994 - Royal Enfield STD 350 Army Green

View My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dkm View Post
    The pricing is not yet finalised... But speculation is around 20L on road..
    The baby Cherokee..

You mean top end variant?

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

View My Garage

No idea.. But heard it may start as low as 16L ex showroom for Base variant. We have to wait..
    It may well be the final master stroke from FCA.. After all is make or break

Cheers,
    DKM
    ---------------
    2010 - Fiat Palio 1.3 MJD Bossa Nova White
    1994 - Royal Enfield STD 350 Army Green

View My Garage

Post Re: Jeep Compass India to debut on April 12 in India

Name:	jeep-compass-top_060117124917.jpeg 
Views:	34 
Size:	68.1 KB 
ID:	12070

Fiat India Automobiles Pvt. Ltd. (FIAPL) on Thursday rolled out its first ever, 'Made-in- India' Jeep Compass production vehicle from the assembly line in Ranjangaon near Pune.

Name:	jeep-compass_story_647_060217113726.jpg 
Size:	40.0 KB 
ID:	12069

Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis was present to roll out the first ever 'Made in India' Jeep Compass production vehicle from the assembly line at Ranjangaon on Thursday.

This development comes 23 months after Fadnavis, along with a high level delegation met senior Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) officials in June, 2015 at the company's headquarters in Auburn Hills, Michigan in the Unites States.

The delegation discussed FCA's investment strategy in Maharashtra and reaffirmed the state government's interest in strengthening ties with FCA, besides offering full support to the company's manufacturing, said the statement.

Name:	jeep-compas-front_060117124917.jpeg 
Size:	58.3 KB 
ID:	12071

FCA has invested USD 280 million towards localisation of the Jeep Compass and has enhanced the facility to world standard. The Ranjangaon facility has become a significant manufacturing and export hub for FCA joining Brazil, Mexico and China on the global production map.

Name:	jeep-compass_060117124917.jpeg 
Size:	51.9 KB 
ID:	12072

FIAPL will be FCA's sole manufacturing facility that will supply Jeep Compass SUVs to all international right-hand drive markets, it said.

Source: India Today

D.L.
    View My Garage

Yesterday spotted the testing vehicle of JEEP compass on the nagar road and i must tell you it was going like a rocket.

View My Garage

Looks like FCA certainly has a winner on their hands, now lets hope that the prices don't disappoint as they did with Wrangler and Grand Cherokee. If FCA are able to price it alongside XUV 500 / Tucson or just a tad below the Endeavour / Fortuner, we can expect good sales numbers.
    Hrushikesh

View My Garage

The first lot of models have a few attributes missing. Features like auto headlight dimming, rain sensing wipers, SUN ROOF etc.
    Assuming the above features are off the table would mean that they would like to price it right to generate a lot of interest.
    Once that happens the pricing will definitely go up with the introduction of these features.

The vehicle definitely looks a winner.

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot that there is no diesel automatic for now
    Neelay Shirali
    Mumbai
    Palio1.2 nv Sports
    My Stairway to Heaven

View My Garage

Fantastic & a sensible detailed AD by Jeep in todays TOI

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-06-20 at 1.57.21 PM.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	13.0 KB 
ID:	12073

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-06-20 at 1.57.52 PM.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	11.2 KB 
ID:	12074

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-06-20 at 1.59.52 PM.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	21.3 KB 
ID:	12075

View My Garage

Get set to drive the iconic American SUV brand Jeep that hits the Indian roads in August with a locally-made model, which is likely to be carry an entry price of around Rs 15-16 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi). The Compass off-roader (1400cc petrol engine and 2,000cc diesel) will be made at the company's plant at Ranjangaon in Pune, and will be followed up with a smaller SUV Renegade, which is likely to cost nearly Rs 10 lakh.

The new models are part of Jeep's aggressive push into high-potential markets like India, Brazil, and China. A part of Fiat-Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) group, the Jeep is one of the most exciting SUV brands the world-over and its entry into India is set to fire fresh competition in the fast-growing SUV segment. The Pune plant is shared with Tata Motors, which has been Fiat's longstanding manufacturing partner in India.

Kevin Flynn, president and MD of FCA India, said the company has made India a manufacturing hub for righthand drive markets, which include South Africa, UK and Australia. “It was a strategic decision to bring the Compass to India,“ Flynn told TOI.

The Compass -which has a length of 4,395 mm and has a maximum power of 170 BHP with the diesel engine -will come with manual and automatic transmissions, 4X4 versions, and likely have a price range between Rs 15 lakh and Rs 23 lakh (for the top-end). It will compete with models such as Hyundai's Creta and Tucson, VW's Tiguan, BMW X1, Audi Q3 and Mercedes GLA.

“We have invested $280 mil lion for Jeep at Ranjangaon,“ Flynn said. The company has started production of Compass and is beginning with a healthy localisation of nearly 65%. “This is like the first chapter in a book, and it is important for us to get it right.The good thing for us is that we are now part of the global manufacturing team of Jeep and can pull resources from across the globe.“

As the company builds up local supplier competencies, a relatively-small retail network remains as a key area for concern, a large part of which may be not prepared to tackle a huge sales rush or after-sales issues. Jeep rides on a poorly performing Fiat network in the country and will start with 50 dealers when sales begin in August. A very small percentage of this will be dedicated Jeep dealers, while the rest will be Fiat dealers doubling up as Jeep retailers.

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-06-20 at 3.43.55 PM.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	29.6 KB 
ID:	12076

Source: TOI

View My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by prateekcool1 View Post
    Yesterday spotted the testing vehicle of JEEP compass on the nagar road and i must tell you it was going like a rocket.
    Wow! You forgot you also have a pocket rocket too?
    Last edited by Rudrah; 20-06-2017 at 05:22 PM.

Seeded Driver
    View My Garage

Received a Video on WhatsApp from a Hyderabad Dealer. Not sure how to upload.. but looks like they want to go all out and are confident about the product.
    Vijeth
    1) Yamaha RXG (Sold)
    2) Tata Nano (Sold)
    3) Palio NV 1.2 (Sold)
    4) Punto 1.3 Active (54000 kms Sold)
    5) Renault Kwid 1.0 EASY-R (New Arrival)

View My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Vijethcm View Post
    Received a Video on WhatsApp from a Hyderabad Dealer. Not sure how to upload.. but looks like they want to go all out and are confident about the product.
    The forum only supports Youtube videos so you might need to upload to your youtube channel and then share it here. You can see the "Video" tool icon on the tool bar of your reply screen.

Seeded Driver
    View My Garage

Received a message from Jeep Dealer that diesel 4 x 2 is available from today for test drive in Hyderabad. Pride Jeep. Plot no. 240, road no. 36, Jubilee Hills.
    Last edited by Vijethcm; 30-07-2017 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Mistake