Thread: 1,80,000 kms done and the Stile still makes me Smile……

Marshal
    View My Garage

1,80,000 kms done and the Stile still makes me Smile……

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Odo.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	33.8 KB 
ID:	11526

I’m no auto enthusiast, learnt driving in an automatic car in the US of A over a weekend and the following weekend I was driving a car to be part of the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta…..

Back in base, I learnt to drive a stick shift in a Maruti 800 in Bangalore, bought a pre-owned car and when it came to upgrade all the ‘gurus’ suggested I cannot go wrong with a Maruti Swift. Excellent aesthetics, great engine, mileage, resale and trouble free ASS.

Somewhere around this time I read an article which said a car was caught at level crossing, hit by a train and dragged a few meters but the couple inside walked out without any scratches…..

Name:	Train 1.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	68.5 KB 
ID:	11527

Name:	Train 2.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	239.5 KB 
ID:	11528

The decision was made, Palio Stile MJD it was and on the day of delivery, blissfully unaware of any pre-delivery checklist or things to look for, requested for a home delivery of the car. The car was delivered after 7pm in the dark, a light drizzle meant no proper inspection and I gladly accepted the keys and the TASS representative must have smiled his way back home for a very ‘easy’ delivery…….

The love affair began almost instantly (2008) and its increased in intensity over the years and have had multiple orgasms and nirvana simultaneously (purely speaking about the nut behind the wheel)…… Also, its made me a maverick expert of sorts and I end up with a foolish grin when a fellow Fiatian asks me for some specific opinion.

Solid feel, cornering ability, power on tap, braking, response when I want to put some tin cans where they belong and comfort while and after a long drive are something I can talk about for hours. Have done some fair bit of off-roading, should say when I was blissfully unaware of repercussions of a hit to sump, etc, have created roads where none exist and have crossed a few streams besides some tricky hill climbing…. Never has the beast disappointed me!! Some Fiatians feel I have a heavy right foot, but all I can say is that the Fiat made my foot heavier and has given me an attitude too……

Have had a fair share of issues too, the worst being the infamous clutch of the MJD. ASS or the lack of it has made me dig deep into the anatomy & physiology to avoid any pathology and surgery (had to show off that I’m a doc)….

Many attempts at finding a replacement for the wearing warhorse, though a bit reluctantly, has proven that nothing on offer is a true upgrade, but in effect a downgrade in terms of performance and at a premium cost wise. As I gear up to conquer the 2 lakh mark, quite a few parts are coming up for replacement and there is always an element of doubt lingering if the car will make the next long trip but once I’m behind the wheel, all I can hear is the sweet whine of the engine and the confidence to take on the world…..

Signing off, would like to thank all the Fiat enthusiasts in PUG and MFW and some more who have gone out of their way to trouble shoot, give feasible solutions and pave the way in maintaining the beast in great shape. Hats off to you all....

View My Garage

Re: 1,80,000 kms done and the Stile still makes me Smile……

Congratulations for the 1.80 lakh milestone and I am sure there will be many more milestone you will achieve with your Palio MJD.

Please share some photos of your Palio Stile.
    Last edited by Punter; 08-08-2016 at 02:09 AM.
    Punter

FIAT Palio Adventure 1.6
    FIAT Palio S10
    TVS Apache RTR160

View My Garage

Congratulations Doc...!! Its just a matter of time you hit 200,000 kms in the beast... You are truly munching miles....

I am catching up at snails pace with my Grande Palio ;-) now at 75k kms only...
    Cheers,
    DKM
    ---------------
    2010 - Fiat Palio 1.3 MJD Bossa Nova White
    1994 - Royal Enfield STD 350 Army Green

View My Garage

Doc, that was a nice intro post! Awaiting more details & pics...
    Once a FIATian, always a FIATian!
    2004 - Fiat Palio 1.2 NV - Silver Frost
    2006 - Fiat Palio 1.6 Sports - Canary Yellow (Preowned)
    2014 - Fiat Linea 1.3 MJD Emotion - Tuscan Wine

View My Garage

Great going with the Palio Stile, Doc !
    Wishing you more trouble free miles !!!

Hrushikesh