Thread: Pegasus rides to a new Home!!!

View My Garage

Pegasus rides to a new Home!!!

Pegasus comes home to me. From its very inception in Sept 2011, it did not seem to be a very happy fella as it was used sparingly and very tamely. Maybe...just once or twice was it allowed to fill its lungs and have a free run..... hence a sad bike's existence.

It was spotted languishing with a friend as an upgrade to my Fiero, and came home in end April 2016 (11176 kms on the odo). From then to date it has been running around in Mumbai & been twice to Lonavala. The excitement is evident in the manner in which it pulls and the grunt that you get on the twist of the wrist....WOW. Its dome more than 1000 km in just 3 weeks!!

Ride and Handling - Honda CBR 250R is a no fuss bike. It does everything you want it to do without any drama. It is quick, not fast. It is fun, not thrilling. It is a classy executive, not a hooligan.

Very sorted & Well planted. Holds the line you show it on curves at any speeds. Has a little "thumka" (bollywood style) on uneven surface on curves, but not scary after initial jolt. Turns easily sports style. Is a heavy bike hence handling in parking is a pain. But once its rolling the weight just disappears. Initial pain in the wrist due to sporty sitting position (coming from a Fiero commuter) but gets sorted in a few days. Trick - hug the tank with your knees and the pressure on the wrist melts away. But then the thighs start to ache!!!!! (Need to get fit soon). Gliding through traffic is an experience by itself ONCE you get the drift of the bike. Gaps appear and can be taken with ease due to the power and the road grip available. At low speeds below 20-25, the handle needs to be turned to change directions. But above 40-ish, just tilt the bike in the direction desired, and it understands what to do perfectly.

Suspension - Its a Volvo on two wheels!! All road undulations are absorbed and doesnt reach the rider. The faster the better. You can also go over small speedbreakers at full tilt - no issues. Gives a feeling of flying low with the road isolated completely. The bike is very well planted and road grip is very very good, no slipping and sliding in normal city riding conditions between 60-120 kmph speeds. No bum sore, no fatigue, no pain in the back - no jhatkas at all. Again its a no fuss bike.

Braking - Phenomenal. from 145 - 0 in just a few seconds and a 20-25 feet. Had to do this stop on Palm beach road when two morons jumped the red light from a side road onto my lane without even their headlights!!!!! Other wise the combi brakes are good in controlling the speeds whenever needed. Again a no fuss bike - does its stuff without any drama.

Engine and transmission - a throaty engine with slightly high NHV levels initially between 2000 - 3000 rpms, this bike with 167 kgs+ 75Kg rider struggles at this rpms, but beyond 3500 its pulls clean, in any gear upto 5th. 6th is strictly for cruising. Keep the rpm needle floating above 5000 and the bike loves it...low nhv, very low indeed and oodles of torque on the tap. The exhaust note at this level is a nice throaty hum and you start the low flying experience. At low rpm it does sound like a Duke. Easily revving and pulls right upto 9000 beyond which the power tapers off. By then you are into 135 ranges and unless on open highway, you will rarely have any room to stay in those rpms. Power band is between 5000 - 8000 rpms. 1st Gear is short in my opinion, rest are tall.

Overall bike - Just loving it. Other owners are invited for a group ride and discuss Bikes, as is our dna..... Pictures and VDO coming up soon.
    Cant let go the FIAT feel..... i like it

View My Garage

Re: Pegasus rides to a new Home!!!

Congrats, silver surfer for the new ride. Quite a dilemma before buying one, right? Would also like to know what were your choices and how you narrowed down to the CBR.

Also is this a new or a used and how much it cost you?

With a Honda under, you cannot go wrong with a zipper smooth ride

Lets plan a ride next month...
    Sinfully Sexy, Shamelessly Raw, Explicitly Powerful. Nothing better than the Palio 1.6 Horse!
    2008 Palio Stile 1.6 Sports - Formula Red
    2014 Royal Enfield - Bullet 500
    2002 Bajaj Pulsar 150 (Sold)

View My Garage

Congrats Soumo.Your Fiero was also well maintained. You sold it or its still in your garage.
    Yes Soumo and Rudrah, lets plan a bike ride. I am in if its Sunday.
    FIAT USERS-Confidence is what you have when you don't really understand the situation.
    SANJEEV HARIKANT
    PALIO 1.2NV SPORTS(NOT YET SOLD)
    PALIO 1.3SDX MULTIJET(NOT YET SOLD)-DRIVING A JET ON INDIAN ROADS
    SIENA 1.2ELPS(NOT YET SOLD)
    FIAT 1100(NOT YET SOLD)
    VESPA 125(NOT YET SOLD)
    YAMAHA FZ16(NOT YET SOLD)
    YAMAHA R15 VER1(NOT YET SOLD)

View My Garage

Congrats Soumo on your new buy. Yes, the CBR 250 is indeed very refined bike. Though its not as fast as the KTM 190 twins or the R3 or the N3, but its certainly a long distance cruiser with enough power on tap when needed. Kindly share some pics of the bike along with the price. Did you consider the N3 as an option ?

Hrushikesh