Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: So the Fiat Petra 1.6 ELX decides to stay back!

Competition Licence prabuddhadg's Avatar
    View My Garage

So the Fiat Petra 1.6 ELX decides to stay back!

Hi Guys,

I have recently got a Linea Tjet. It is a delightful car and puts a smile on my face every time I turn the ignition on.

Having said that, while my Petra 1.6 is still as exciting as it was the day I bought it, the point remains that I am the only driver in the house, and perhaps, it might be a good idea to let this car go, if I get an offer that justifies how nice the car feels to drive.

That is the reason for this post. Before I decide on selling the car, I want to know what would be a suitable price for the car.

Basic details are as follows: -

Car: PETRA 1.6 ELX
    Fuel Type: PETROL
    Engine Capacity: 1.6 LITRES
    Colour: MOON MIST GREY
    Year of Registration: 2007
    Car Number: MH02AU6686
    Odometer Reading: 107000 KM
    Music System: HEAD UNIT: PIONEER
    Amplifier: SONY TWO CHANNEL
    Speakers: JBL (FOUR SPEAKERS)
    Tyres: Michelin XM2 STOCK SIZE
    Battery: BRAND NEW EXIDE
    Wheels: STOCK ALLOYS - INCLUDING STEPNEY
    Current Owner Status: First
    Priority: Normal
    Accident history: None
    Scratches & dents: SOME

Thanks for any feedback.

By the way, I have not been able to take good photographs of the new Linea. Once I do, I shall post photographs.

View My Garage

Re: Advice on sale of Fiat Petra 1.6 ELX

Congrats Prabhuddha on the Linea Tjet!

When did you acquire it? Is this New Linea or Prefacelifted one?

I know you've maintained your Petra very well, but considering the Fiat resale value & the mileage it has put in, it may not fetch what it deserves...
    What is your expected price?
    Once a FIATian, always a FIATian!
    2004 - Fiat Palio 1.2 NV - Silver Frost
    2006 - Fiat Palio 1.6 Sports - Canary Yellow (Preowned)
    2014 - Fiat Linea 1.3 MJD Emotion - Tuscan Wine

View My Garage

Hi Finney, its the new Linea Tjet. Emotion. Feels very balanced and steering response too is just as good as the Palio/Petra response. In addition, it feels just a bit lighter than the Palio/Petra steering. Its overall more refined in terms of cabin noise and vibration, and less ruffian like. But acceleration is surprising. Torque is quite a lot, 200+ at as low as 2200 rpm. So, the car starts creeping forward and then before you know it, starts skimming forward. The first few times were simply exhilarating.

About the Petra, I would be happy to sell it at Rs 1.5 lacs. But when I spoke to the R S Motors people, the going price I heard for the Palio 1.6 appears to be Rs 50-75k. I was quite disappointed. If that is the offer I get, I shall not sell it. I shall retain the car and use it once or twice a week.

Its such a delightful car to drive, particularly on the highway. Just a couple of weeks back I drove to Nashik, about 185 km from here, and on the way, the injector light on the dashboard, and stayed on for about an hour. I decided it made sense not to push the car too hard and though the road was reasonably empty and smooth, I held back and drove at 80-90 kmph.
    Now and then, cars would overtake me, but I controlled my urge to push the hugely capable engine. Soon the road approached the Kasara Ghat. This is a short ghat section that is completed in about 15-20 minutes. As the road gently ascended, I was overtaken by a Jetta, an Etios and a Swift Desire, the last being driven quite spiritedly, with frequent lane cuts.
    The curves approached. The road is wide and one way. I went up the curves peacefully. Then as I approached a neat lefthander, I saw the Desire was braking and moving to the right. I found it odd that someone wanted to stop on the right of the road. Anyway, I moved to the left and overtook it. Next curve, I overtook the Etios and very soon after, the Jetta. That was when I realised, that these drivers were just not feeling comfortable going into the corners at whatever speeds they were doing. They were not trying to stop on the right. They were just taking the corners wider for safety.
    That was yet another confirmation of how well balanced our Fiats are. So, when I think of this and my earlier experiences, I feel I should not sell this gem of a car. And its so disappointing to note that even Fiat dealers, for instance Torrid Motors, from whom we bought the Tjet, don’t even know about the existence of the Petra. These wonderful qualities are too well hidden.

View My Garage

Good to know that Prabudhh & congratulations for new Tjet.

Regarding your Petra, I would suggest you to retain the car as you wont fetch the price you are expecting. Instead of getting disappointed after hearing lowest possible from people in used car market I would suggest you to keep the car and use it as a second car.

BTW kasara ghat is the best road where you can drive your FIATs. I drove once in my Punto 90HP and it was wonderful experience.
    Punter

FIAT Palio Adventure 1.6
    FIAT Palio S10
    TVS Apache RTR160

View My Garage

I am tempted to keep the Petra. I shall place a few ads online and see the response. If things don't work out, I shall keep it and think about selling if maintenance costs go up.

View My Garage

Yes, just post a Ad on PUG, Enthusiast Car Sale group in FB, TBHP.... do mention your expected price.
    Hope someone who appreciates the qualities of a Fiat car will pick it up at a fair price.

PS: Pls start a new thread on your new Linea Tjet
    Once a FIATian, always a FIATian!
    2004 - Fiat Palio 1.2 NV - Silver Frost
    2006 - Fiat Palio 1.6 Sports - Canary Yellow (Preowned)
    2014 - Fiat Linea 1.3 MJD Emotion - Tuscan Wine

View My Garage

I do plan to start a thread on the Tjet, Finney, but I have only driven 250 km over the past five days. We got the car on Friday. So, I am a little frustrated with workload picking up right from the day we got the car. I have not even taken any proper photographs. So, I guess that thread will have to wait.

View My Garage

Hearty Congratulations on your new Jet Prabhudha... would love to see the pictures of your Jet...

View My Garage

Hi Ganesh! Nice to find you here (where else :D ). I am going to take some photos some time soon. What I have now are only worth whatsapping.

View My Garage

A Lac km under the hood for a Petra 1.6 will not give you more than 80k when you sell to dealers or probably unknown people outside. The only chance is to sell among your known contacts or to members on Fiat forums who will be willing to appreciate a decent price better than what market offers.

If parking is not an issue and you have time and money for a spare car then keep it for some more time.
    Sinfully Sexy, Shamelessly Raw, Explicitly Powerful. Nothing better than the Palio 1.6 Horse!
    2008 Palio Stile 1.6 Sports - Formula Red
    2014 Royal Enfield - Bullet 500
    2002 Bajaj Pulsar 150 (Sold)

View My Garage

BTW Congrats on your new acquisition - Linea TJet!

Looking forward to know more about it...
    Sinfully Sexy, Shamelessly Raw, Explicitly Powerful. Nothing better than the Palio 1.6 Horse!

View My Garage

Rudrah,I was talking to my wife who is not into cars at all. I have often told her about the low resale value of Fiats, and when we got the Tjet last week, she brought up the question of what we would now do with the Petra. My reply was just this - we shall hold on to the car until the right offer comes along- with no fixed timeline attached to this plan. My wife was not delighted to hear this plan, but to me it makes little sense to give away such a solid piece of engineering.

View My Garage

Prabuddha, would love to see you and your jet in our meets. Its been long long time since we met. Now its time to showcase your Jet

View My Garage

Thanks Ganesh. Its been my fault. The last date of the meet had clashed with a bicycle ride that I had planned. And another time I had to work on a week end.

Well, I have changed jobs since then, and hopefully, I will be able to organise work and play better.

I look forward to meeting you and many of the guys.

BTW, I have uploaded a couple of pics of the Tjet somewhere on the forum. Let me add a new thread.

View My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by prabuddhadg View Post
    BTW, I have uploaded a couple of pics of the Tjet somewhere on the forum. Let me add a new thread.
    Its under your Album folder