Thread: Profile photo

Competition Licence
    View My Garage

Profile photo

Unable to upload any photo as profile. My previous photo isn't being displayed too.
    Amit

View My Garage

Re: Profile photo

@amit2301, the User Control Panel on the forum allows you to upload two different pictures when you click on the 'Settings' tab on the top right corner of the screen:

1] Profile Picture - Profile pictures are small pictures of yourself, which are displayed within your user profile.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Edit profile picture.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	102.4 KB 
ID:	9106

Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 100 by 100 pixels or 24.4 KB (whichever is smaller). Thus, even if your picture is of a larger size (say 2MB), it takes time to upload the image to the server and then the said picture is resized automatically to adhere to the size restrictions.

The profile picture only shows within your user profile on the top left corner and not when you make posts on the forum.

2] Avatar - If you want a picture to show up on the left side of your posts on the forum, you need to upload an 'avatar' by clicking on the 'Edit Avatar' tab:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Edit Avatar.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	99.0 KB 
ID:	9107

Again, the maximum size of your custom image is 50 by 50 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller). Thus, your picture will take time to upload and resize in this case as well.

It could take upto a minute or so for it to upload, depending on the speed of your connection. I just tried uploading both the profile picture and avatar and faced no issues in this regard.

Hope this helps! Please do let us know if you have any further difficulty in uploading your profile picture and avatar.
    Last edited by roms; 24-11-2014 at 04:30 PM.
    The Italian - 2007 Canary Yellow Fiat Palio 1.6 Sport a.k.a The Bumble Bee
    The Czech/German - 2012 Candy White Skoda Rapid 1.6 MPI Automatic
    The French - 2013 b'twin ROCKRIDER 5.0