Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fuel Efficiency of your cars

Competition Licence
    View My Garage

Re: Fuel Efficiency of your cars

On the roads of Kolkata, I get 13.5 -14 kmpl with AC in my Palio MJD. It gives 22-24 kmpl on highway/long distance trips on NHAI road (not so at State Govt highways)

View My Garage

My Stile 1.6 gives me 11.5 in the city with A/C and 16 on the highways (I think I can milk out more if I drive in the 70-80 zone more consistently).

My TJet gives me 10 in the city with A/C and 15 on the highways (again both these numbers are not with controlled driving hence can be more if done so).
    My lug nuts require more torque than your Honda makes

Seeded Driver
    View My Garage

MID of my 1.3 MJD Punto Active now shows 16.0 kmpl in sub-urban conditions. If I switch off the A/C fully and control my urges I should be able to extract up to 19kmpl (last winter when the car was new and I rarely exceeded 2000 rpm the mileage was about 17.5 kmpl).

Long drives return about 19 to 20 kmpl (A/C on ALL time and consistent speeds of 120 to 125 kmph). Again if I control my urges then it can go up to 22 kmpl I think.

OT: On long drives my Palio 1.2 would return 15 to 17 kmpl but and about 10kmpl in Bangalore Traffic :-).
    Vijeth
    1) Yamaha RXG (Sold)
    2) Tata Nano (Sold)
    3) Palio NV 1.2 (Sold)
    4) Punto 1.3 Active (54000 kms Sold)
    5) Renault Kwid 1.0 EASY-R (New Arrival)

View My Garage

Another example of magical FE from my side...
    - Pune - Panvel, Expressway,
    - 4 adults + 1 kid on-board
    - Packed trunk
    - 40% AC
    - Cold weather :D

Attachment 9339Attachment 9340Attachment 9341

View My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ne@fiat View Post
    Another example of magical FE from my side...
    - Pune - Panvel, Expressway,
    - 4 adults + 1 kid on-board
    - Packed trunk
    - 40% AC
    - Cold weather :D
    Amazing numbers Tinesh

I am glad that FIAT is breaking it's image of being a fuel guzzler with it's new-gen products.
    My lug nuts require more torque than your Honda makes

View My Garage

31 kmpl is just wow! The more I drive the Punto MJD, the more I come to appreciate its unbeatable package comprising of good driving dynamics, adequate engine performance and refinement and the added bonus of phenomenal fuel efficiency. Yes, there are newer diesel engines that may boast better economy figures, but they don't make a perfect package

No wonder this is by far the 'National Engine' of our country. Keep making petrolheads like me jealous ne@fiat
    The Italian - 2007 Canary Yellow Fiat Palio 1.6 Sport a.k.a The Bumble Bee - Sold
    The Czech/German - 2012 Candy White Skoda Rapid 1.6 MPI Automatic
    The French - 2013 b'twin ROCKRIDER 5.0

View My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sid View Post
    Amazing numbers Tinesh

I am glad that FIAT is breaking it's image of being a fuel guzzler with it's new-gen products.
    Its a myth that FIAT cars are guzzler. My 1.9 D was fuel efficient and my punto is super fuel efficient. It's just that ppl need to drive it properly. You need to connect with your car and once you learn it..it become easy to see such FE fig again and again.

Quote Originally Posted by roms View Post
    31 kmpl is just wow! The more I drive the Punto MJD, the more I come to appreciate its unbeatable package comprising of good driving dynamics, adequate engine performance and refinement and the added bonus of phenomenal fuel efficiency. Yes, there are newer diesel engines that may boast better economy figures, but they don't make a perfect package

No wonder this is by far the 'National Engine' of our country. Keep making petrolheads like me jealous ne@fiat
    Thats soo true mate!! the more i drive her the more it amazes me. (Not TINcan wala Amaze :P :P) ROms believe me i have seen worst FE as well. It lot depends on Fuel bunk from where we top up the fuel. Its just that these days my kids travels with me a lot i tend to drive slow 70-80 km/hr . otherwise when i am alone it shows me 18-19 km/lt which is still very much respectable for the speed of 110-130+.
    Also, we have so many petrol heads around who get fantastic FE from their T-Jet too!!! These cars a perfect combination of power and efficiency. You can extract whatever you want to that too without compromising on fun part of it.

View My Garage

My 170 bhp 1.4 Multiair Giulietta gives me around 12 kmpl in the stop go/stop go not over 60, not over 4th gear traffic of urban Copenhagen. However, on the highways its a different story altogether. With a energy class of A, the car attracts some of the lowest green taxes despite its healthy output.

Fiat does make wonderful engines, the best of them all powers the 458!

cheers,

Ram
    If everything is in control, you aren't going fast enough.

View My Garage

12kmpl is not bad for 170bhp Engine my friend.
    Punter

FIAT Palio Adventure 1.6
    FIAT Palio S10
    TVS Apache RTR160

View My Garage

12kmpl in India is unfamous for any Fiat petrols! You're one lucky boy from the fiat family to achieve this
    Sinfully Sexy, Shamelessly Raw, Explicitly Powerful. Nothing better than the Palio 1.6 Horse!
    2008 Palio Stile 1.6 Sports - Formula Red
    2014 Royal Enfield - Bullet 500
    2002 Bajaj Pulsar 150 (Sold)

View My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mnemonic View Post
    My 170 bhp 1.4 Multiair Giulietta gives me around 12 kmpl in the stop go/stop go not over 60, not over 4th gear traffic of urban Copenhagen. However, on the highways its a different story altogether. With a energy class of A, the car attracts some of the lowest green taxes despite its healthy output.

Fiat does make wonderful engines, the best of them all powers the 458!

cheers,

Ram
    When someone has Giulietta and multiair technology what more he could ask for??? Lucky you Ram. Enjoy!!! :D