Thread: Hyderabad - Shirdi

View My Garage

Hyderabad - Shirdi

Originally posted by Kamal Sharma on HVKF on FB April 30 at 6:11pm

Back from Shani Signapur-Shirdi trip last night. Thanks to Ashish Pallod, Chief and Ranjit for the route guidance n all.

Members: Ford Figo Zxi, Me, wife and our 3 yr old son
    Total Distance: ~1275KM
    Diesel Consumed: ~68 litre
    Dates/Days: April 28th/Saturday and April 29th/Sunday

ROUTE (while going): Hyderabad->Naldurg->Tuljapur->Barishi->Karmala->AhmedNagar->Godeygaon->Shani Signapur->Shirdi
    TIMINGS: Start from HYD@04:30AM, Reached Shirdi@07:00PM
    STOPS: 2hrs Tuljapur Bhawani Temple darshan, 45mins Lunch break, 1hr Shani Signapur darshan

ROUTE (coming back): Shirdi->Ahmed Nagar->Karmala->Tembhurni->Mohol->Solapur->Hyderabad
    TIMINGS: Start from Shirdi@12:30PM, Reached Hyderabad@01:00AM
    STOPS: 1hr lunch break after Karmala, 1 hr refuling, tea brk, windscreen cleaning n all that sutff, 30mins dinner brk @ Zaheerabad.

HOTEL: We have stayed in Hotel Sujal Heritage (http://www.sujalheritagehotel.com/), a budget hotel with very neat and clean toilet, rooms and lobby. Temple is just 5 mins walk-in from Hotel, however they have Innova running between Hotel and Temple as n when needed. I have bargained with them and hotel manager agreed for a price of INR 1200 for non AC room and 1600 for AC room. Hotel has multi cuisine restaurant, room service is very good, they have a safe parking area. It has 24Hrs. Check-in facility. Just check out picture on their website.
    This hotel is worth of its price.

Darshan: We have attended Kakad Arti@04:30AM, you need to be there in queue by 01:30 or 02:00 AM if you want to attend Kakad arti.

Eating Joints: Sai Mall next to the sai baba Samadhi temple has very good eating options in Shirdi, thanks to Ranjit for pointing out Rajdhani and Kailash Prabhat.

Regarding Road Condition:
    1. Road condition from Tuljapur to Barishi and from Barishi to Karmala is worst, in fact there is no road. It’s an isolated section and not at all recommended. I was thinking of if something happens to the car due to very bad road condition then who will come here to help me out. That ~120KM patch from Tulzapur to Karmala took around ~3.5 hours, there were instances where I had to get down from the car and decide as to how this big pot hole can be crossed. There was no fuel station in this section.
    2. Tembhurni to Solapur is still a nightmare because of heavy turck traffic. Belive me guys it took me ~2.5 hrs to reach Solapur BP which is like 81KM from Tembhurni, I knew about this heavy traffic as many times I have been to Pune and that is why I took Tuljapur->Barishi->Karmala route. But later I realized that my decision was wrong :(
    3. Ahmed Nagar to Shirdi is an excellent drive.
    4. Best Route: So the best route from Hyd to Shirdi is:
    (While Going) Hyderabad->Solapur->Tembhurni->Left Turn towards Karmala-> Ahmednagar->Godeygaon->Shanisignapur->Shirdi

(While Coming) Shirdi->AhmedNagar->Karmala->Tembhurni->Solapur->Hyderabad

Please feel free to write me back if any more information/ update is needed on this. I am not that good in detailed writing

One very good thing about Tuljapur-Barishi-Karmala route is that we had a very good darshan at Tulja Bhawani Temple.

Hotel Sujal, Affordable Hotel In Shirdi
    www.sujalheritagehotel.com

View My Garage

Re: Hyderabad - Shirdi

Originally posted by HVK in HVKF on FB April 30

I think the Barshi-Kurudwadi-Karmala route is better than the one you took?

View My Garage

Originally posted by Ranjit Puzhankara in HVKF on FB April 30 at 7:03pm ·

I guess its a typo,it should Solapur-Temburni-Right Turn from NH9-Karmala

Its amazing how roads in those parts of Osmanabad-Beed etc havent changed one wee bit in the last 6 years

View My Garage

Originally posted by Kamal Sharma April 30 at 8:25pm

Sorry for the typo, it's right turn from Tembhurni towards Karmala. Thanks Ranjit