Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: SCOOP: The 2014 Fiat Punto EVO now revealed! Check price difference on Pg 2

View My Garage

SCOOP: The 2014 Fiat Punto EVO now revealed! Check price difference on Pg 2

We were running a thread that kept track of the facelifted Indian Fiat Punto test mules being spotted - http://myfiatworld.com/showthread.php?t=1362

As more and more pictures kept coming in, it was almost certain that the refreshed Punto was going get a lot of cosmetic details from the upcoming Avventura mini SUV. We also posted about the newly designed alloy wheels that could make their way onto the awesome Italian hatch.

Fellow FIATian Gautam Satpute from Pune has now revealed what looks like the final production version of the facelifted 2014 Fiat Punto. Note the badging on this top spec 90HP variant. It seems the name 'EVO' will make an appearance on the lower left hand side of the boot of the car. Whether the 'EVO' badge will be restricted only to the top end variant or will the new car be named the 'Punto EVO' is not known at this moment. Also note the 'Punto' logo that resembles the one used on the international 'EVO' variants. However, this new logo is used on the left hand side of the boot door instead of being stuck below the FIAT badge, as in the international variants.

Without further ado, here come the scoop pictures:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image_1.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	68.7 KB 
ID:	7439

Name:	image_2.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	61.0 KB 
ID:	7440

Name:	image_3.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	70.0 KB 
ID:	7441

Name:	image_4.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	64.6 KB 
ID:	7442

Name:	image_6.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	65.3 KB 
ID:	7443

Name:	image_7.jpg 
Size:	29.3 KB 
ID:	7444

Name:	image_8.jpg 
Size:	69.7 KB 
ID:	7445

What are your first impressions of the refreshed Punto fellow FIATians?

A big shout goes to Gautam for sharing this scoop with MyFiatWorld.com! You rock buddy
    Last edited by roms; 04-07-2014 at 07:55 PM.
    The Italian - 2007 Canary Yellow Fiat Palio 1.6 Sport a.k.a The Bumble Bee - Sold
    The Czech/German - 2012 Candy White Skoda Rapid 1.6 MPI Automatic
    The French - 2013 b'twin ROCKRIDER 5.0

View My Garage

re: SCOOP: The 2014 Fiat Punto EVO now revealed! Check price difference on Pg 2

Gautam. Thanks for sharing the scoop pics with us

So they name it as Punto Evo - Good
    Got a nice LED tail lamps - Good
    Got a beautiful Palio flower like alloys - Good
    Interiors - Great
    Front Grill - Bad (IMHO - Mix of i20 bonnet and frowning sad grill)
    Head Lamps - Bad
    Rear Profile - Nice

Any updates on engine profiles?

Now I just hope this new change works for Fiat India with a competitive price offered!
    Sinfully Sexy, Shamelessly Raw, Explicitly Powerful. Nothing better than the Palio 1.6 Horse!
    2008 Palio Stile 1.6 Sports - Formula Red
    2014 Royal Enfield - Bullet 500
    2002 Bajaj Pulsar 150 (Sold)

View My Garage

First Impressions of the 2014 Fiat Punto EVO

Now that the excitement of witnessing the first few undisguised pictures facelifted Punto seems to be settling down, its time to note certain first impressions.

The Delhi Auto Expo of early 2014 saw a new face, a new design direction from Fiat India in terms of the yet to release Fiat Avventura, a mini SUV based on the Fiat Punto. The car looked flamboyant, bold and striking and it was a proud moment since the entire design team had worked right here in India. It was particularly interesting to note that this design theme was never seen on any Fiats internationally. Given that using similar design elements from a common parts bin can help save costs substantially, it was almost certain that the new face would make its way on the facelifted Punto as well.

The refreshed Fiat Punto releasing here no longer takes inspiration for its design cues from Fiat's very own premium Italian brand - Maserati. Gone are the famed Maserati tear drop headlamps and the classy front grille. The new car takes inspiration from a lot of brands / cars. the design brief was clearly to make the Punto look striking with popular designs from modern day cars making their way onto the Punto. But does it it all come together to form a seamlessly good lood looking car from every angle? Now that is something the outgoing Punto could boast off with ease. Lets find out:

Views:	64 
Size:	68.7 KB 
ID:	7446

1] The newly designed headlamps take inspiration from many current day automobiles. The base of the headlamps is similar to the following cars:

Name:	FB_20140616_18_50_04_Saved_Picture.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	253.9 KB 
ID:	7450

Name:	2014 Ford Fiesta ST Coming to U_S_.jpg 
Size:	131.0 KB 
ID:	7447

Name:	Novo Ford Fiesta 2014 ST_ preço R$ 51_900, na Ale.jpeg 
Size:	106.7 KB 
ID:	7448

Name:	2013-Hyundai-Verna.jpg 
Size:	74.9 KB 
ID:	7449

2] The upward kink that tapers towards the top of the bonnet comes from cars like the Ford Figo (designed in India), Kia Cee'd (a Hyundai owned company) and even the Hyundai i20 to a milder extent. The picture of Kia C'eed was shared by Ajay Bhat J on MFW's FB group yesterday.

Name:	image_9 figo.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	43.0 KB 
ID:	7451

Name:	image_10 figo.jpg 
Size:	46.0 KB 
ID:	7452

Name:	Hyundai-i20-FL-1.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	60.9 KB 
ID:	7453

Name:	Kia_cee'd_1.6_CRDi_128_Vision_(EU)_–_Frontansicht,_9._Juni_2012,_Düsseldorf.jpg 
Size:	50.4 KB 
ID:	7454

Infact, from this side view, the profile of the front overhang looks very similar to that of the Figo's:

Name:	image_4.jpg 
ID:	7458

3] The new golden - yellow colour also seems to be inspired from the Ford Fiesta ST:

Name:	Ford stellt den neuen Ford Fiesta vor.jpeg 
Size:	428.2 KB 
ID:	7455

Name:	Thread_ Would you purchase a Yellow Fiesta ST_.jpeg 
Size:	101.0 KB 
ID:	7456

Name:	Vollbild Mustard Olive-Gelb Metallic.jpeg 
Views:	60 
Size:	63.8 KB 
ID:	7457

4] The power bulge running along the centre of the bonnet is seen on cars like the Ford Fiesta and the Jaguar F-Type. The F-type is also responsible for lending its front grille design to the new Punto:

Name:	image_7.jpg 
Size:	29.3 KB 
ID:	7461

- the power bulge:

Name:	2014 Ford Fiesta ST Pictures Gallery.jpeg 
ID:	7459

Name:	2014-Jaguar-F-Type-coupe-red.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	42.1 KB 
ID:	7460

- the front grille:

Name:	14ftype_frtlt1.jpg 
Size:	49.8 KB 
ID:	7462

Name:	Paris 2012 Jaguar F-type V8 S 003.jpg 
Size:	54.0 KB 
ID:	7463

To be continued...
    Last edited by roms; 05-07-2014 at 02:58 PM.
    The Italian - 2007 Canary Yellow Fiat Palio 1.6 Sport a.k.a The Bumble Bee - Sold

View My Garage

Continued from above..

5] Position of the bonnet opening, placement of the front logo and placement of the hazard lamps similar to that on the Ford Fiesta:

Name:	image_8.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	69.7 KB 
ID:	7464

Name:	2014 Ford Fiesta ST Pictures Gallery.jpeg 
Views:	58 
ID:	7465

So the front of the refreshed Punto relies heavily on the facelifted Ford Fiesta, Figo and the Koreans to some extent. It seems the design brief was probably take a lot of inspiration from facelifted Fiesta which in turn took inspiration from Aston Martin for its frontal design. However, Fiat India took inspiration from Jaguar for its front grille.

6] The newly designed alloys are a throwback to what we have seen on the Fiat Palio - the 'flower' design or the Alfa Romeo inspired 'telephone ringed' alloys. They are similar but not identical to the Palio's and are not seen elsewhere on any Fiat around the world. I admit, I quite like them, especially over the earlier alloy wheel design that we saw in India.

Name:	Fiat-Punto-Facelift-tires.jpg 
Size:	54.2 KB 
ID:	7466

7] The tail section remains almost identical, apart from the lovely LED elements employed in the tail lamps. I reckon they will look brilliant when lit up. Refreshing to see the LED treatment given to a mass market vehicle, as opposed to LED lit 'Day Time Running Lamps or DRLs' that come as optional accessories on hatchbacks like the i20. The already good looking tail lamps look even more gorgeous

Size:	61.0 KB 
ID:	7467

What is not so good IMO is that long chrome strip running along the bumper of the car. This is probably done to infuse some amount of 'premium-ness' to the car as chrome in India equals 'premium'. Just like the refreshed Linea, the new Punto fails to impress here and that chrome strip that also forms part of the reverse lamp and rear fog lamp housing looks garish and cheap to my eyes. The front has a similar chrome housing used for the fog lamps, but it does somehow look more convincing up front than it does at the rear. Maybe because its front that has the new modern face and hence, the chrome looks seamless upfront. At the rear though, its just looks tacky. The reflectors used in the reverse lamp and rear fog lamp are interesting though. It resembles the inverted 'tick mark' or Nike logo! The opposite of what Hyundai uses for its DRLs in the Verna and i20 perhaps?

Like mentioned earlier, I wish the P.U.N.T.O badge was pasted in the center of the boot, just like the international EVO variants.

8] While the exteriors will get conflicting views from us car enthusiasts, the interiors will please all and offend no one! Just like the refreshed Linea, they sure are a step up from the past and the biggest grouse of the older Punto is now rectified. The new Punto stands tall against its competitors and actually has an edge in this department now. What's even better is the use of all black interiors along with piano black inserts running along the center of the dashboard, as opposed to the white, beige and black combination employed in the refreshed Linea. Tell you what, Fiat having chosen the all black interiors have made an absolutely fantastic decision, given that they serve a dual purpose - they make the interiors look sporty and at the same time, the interiors age more gracefully in dusty Indian conditions where the beige starts looking dirty in a few months of ownership. Lets hope the black is offered through the range ans is not restricted to the top end variant as such. The dashboard, instrument binnacle and the gauges and tell-tale lamps are direct lift from the new Linea. Also, there are some rumours that the top end variants may get leather upholstery for the seats - a segment first, if that is indeed the case. While they look good, one will have to touch and feel the quality of plastics to see how they fair. Will they also give it the red ambient lighting as in the new Linea, lets wait and watch.

ID:	7468

Name:	image_6.jpg 
Size:	65.3 KB 
ID:	7469

Quote Originally Posted by Rudrah View Post
    Any updates on engine profiles?

Now I just hope this new change works for Fiat India with a competitive price offered!
    While the regular array of FIRE gasoline engines - the 1.2 and 1.4 and the same 1.3 MJD engines in two states of tune are rumoured to continue, FIAT will do itself a world of good to introduce the brilliant T-Jet motor in the Punto. There were some rumours, as discussed here - http://myfiatworld.com/showthread.php?t=1362

"the 1.4 L T-Jet may also see the downsizing exercise for the same reason - to fall under the lower excise tax bracket for petrol engines upto 1.2 L engine capacity. The 1.2 L Tjet may be employed in the Punto and Avventura, while the Linea would enjoy the exclusive 1.4L T-Jet."

Lets hope there is a T-Jet engine somewhere down the line. Performance enthusiasts are hoping for a better petrol engine as the naturally aspirated FIRE engines are just about competent, but not exciting by an stretch of the imagination. And petrol motors are coming back in favour, espeically small capacity turbo petrol motors that offer a brilliant combination of power and fuel efficiency.

Also, pricing is rumoured to be very competitive, will have to wait for the final price list to speak for itself.

So that's about it. An Italian hatch that previously took inspiration from beautiful Italian sports cars like The Maserati Gransport now gets its design influence from 'Euro - Brit' cars and even some Indian (Figo designed in India) and Korean cars. Does the entire design theme come across as seamless? For me, sadly it does not. You see, when a car is designed with a design direction from the ground up, it usually turns out looking convincing and seamless from start to end - just what the old Punto was. However when you add a lot of design bits from different cars in an already good looking car, you run the risk of ruining its design integrity and the overall aesthetic value. Its a good concoction, mind you! Indians love things blingy, and the car does look striking from the front. That Jaguar F-Type gaping grille will be the center piece of praise for the new Punto and people may fall for it, just for this design element alone. Unlike Ford that convincingly pulled off the Aston inspired Fiesta and Focus hatchbacks, the Punto does not come across as convincing on the whole. It does do great in bits and pieces. However, the Indian design team has done a much better job than what was expected. The international 'EVO ' was already a couple a years old and to be frank, looked 'ho-hum' in comparison to the old Punto. This new Punto may be a complete departure from the past, but it should ensure good sales in India as they have rightly understood what probably sells in India.

To sum up, it is striking, it is bold, it may get people to the showroom floors and can help sales, but it has lost a lot of the Italian flavour that we FIAtians so loved, right from the time the Grande Punto was launched in 2005. And I miss that car!

Good luck Fiat
    Last edited by roms; 05-07-2014 at 04:44 PM.

Competition Licence
    View My Garage

Awesome review/reveal Roms.

View My Garage

Here are some more glimpses of the 2014 Punto from MFW member from Pune Pragal Bhandari:

Old and new Punto side by side

Views:	54 
Size:	43.6 KB 
ID:	7481

From a different angle

Size:	70.8 KB 
ID:	7482

The 2014 Linea with the older Punto and the new Punto on display

ID:	7483

All the 3 make for a pretty picture indeed and makes the FIAT stable look more wholesome as compared to the limited offerings that FIAT India had so far.

Pragal clicked these pictures at the FIAT Cafe managed by Sky Moto at Koregaon Park in Pune.

Biggest news on the scoop so far

The new Punto showcased in the above pictures came with a 16" alloys and 195/55 R16 tyre specs

Now that is really a mouth watering prospect for the prospective customers of the new Punto.

Pragal also shared that the official launch of this car may be around the 14th or 15th of this month of July

By the looks of it, FIAT India have a winner on their hands. Lets hope the sales pitch and the marketing campaign is able to do justice to this product in the days to come.

Keeping fingers crossed on this one.
    Last edited by Sid; 07-07-2014 at 10:22 AM. Reason: typo
    My lug nuts require more torque than your Honda makes

View My Garage

Good review Roms.Thanks Gautam and Pragalbh for sharing the pics.
    Roms I like the chrome part on front as well as rear. Good design though inspired from various auto companies.Fiat got the product but this time they should not fail in convincing customer to go for Fiat.
    Good luck to FIAT.
    FIAT USERS-Confidence is what you have when you don't really understand the situation.
    SANJEEV HARIKANT
    PALIO 1.2NV SPORTS(NOT YET SOLD)
    PALIO 1.3SDX MULTIJET(NOT YET SOLD)-DRIVING A JET ON INDIAN ROADS
    SIENA 1.2ELPS(NOT YET SOLD)
    FIAT 1100(NOT YET SOLD)
    VESPA 125(NOT YET SOLD)
    YAMAHA FZ16(NOT YET SOLD)
    YAMAHA R15 VER1(NOT YET SOLD)

View My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by prashu_m2 View Post
    Awesome review/reveal Roms.
    Prashu for liking the work.

Quote Originally Posted by MULTIJET View Post
    Good review Roms.Thanks Gautam and Pragalbh for sharing the pics.
    Roms I like the chrome part on front as well as rear. Good design though inspired from various auto companies.Fiat got the product but this time they should not fail in convincing customer to go for Fiat.
    Good luck to FIAT.
    Thanks MULTIJET! You are right about the design, it may be inspired from a lot of cars, but the front does look striking. It does not look as beautiful to me on the whole as the old car but does have road presence. And yes, they need to really come up with a convincing ad campaign this time around. The new T-Jet's advert hardly made any impact and totally failed failed to depict the performance characteristics of the Linea T-Jet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sid View Post
    The new Punto showcased in the above pictures came with a a 16" alloys and 195/55 R16 tyre specs

Now that is really a mouth watering prospect for the prospective customers of the new Punto.

Pragal also shared that the official launch of this car may be around the 14th or 15th of this month of July
    Awesome job Pragal for sharing the comparison pictures between the old and the new Punto and more importantly, letting us know the information on the tyre size and probable launch date as well

16 inch wheels on a hatchback would be a first in India! But that could be restricted to the top end variant like the 90 HP Mjet.

Nadeem Ahmed shared this interesting article of the new Punto caught in Mumbai - http://www.indiancarsbikes.in/featur...ed-road-94488/

The alloys on this particular Punto are different from what we have seen so far:

Name:	2014-Fiat-Punto-Evo-Spied-Front-night-yellow.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	41.7 KB 
ID:	7484

Now we know that the Linea came with different wheel sizes earlier - 15 inch wheels for all the petrol and diesel variants, barring the T-Jet which came with the 'Turbine' inspired 16 inch wheels. However, the 2013 Linea did away with the 15 inch alloy wheels altogether and the Emotion variants also came fitted with the 16 inch wheels.

Point is, is Fiat still finalising on the design of the alloys or are we about to see two different set of alloys wheels / tyre sizes for different variants? The alloys shown in the above picture seem more like 15 inchers, but can't be sure by just looking at a picture.

Whatever it is, things are about to unfold we are yet to witness the remainder of the new Punto story.

View My Garage

SunnyBoi caught the 2014 Punto is the maroon shade that was called the 'Tuscan Wine' for the older Punto and Linea. Wonder if they still call it that. Do you think the chrome looks excessive at the back of the car, especially in this dark shade?

Name:	image_9.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	7508

Name:	image_10.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	112.4 KB 
ID:	7509

The old Punto and Linea looked regal in this lovely rich colour. Will have to see the new Punto in the flesh to pass a final judgement on this one.

Cheers SunnyBoi

View My Garage

On the basis of the many sightings of the new Punto, it seems that the alloys depicted in post no.8 here could come fitted on the Emotion variants - the 75 HP MJD and the 1.4 FIRE petrol and could be 15 inchers. Its only the top end 90 HP that could get the 16 inch alloys as shown in the first post.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 925 using Tapatalk

View My Garage

FIATian Rishi Lunawat just sent us these pictures of a white Punto EVO from Chattisgarh. This one seems to the be the Emotion variant with the 15 inch (?) wheels and the white and black interiors from the Linea that will be seen on all variants, barring the 90 HP variant that will get the full black interior treatment. The Punto EVO also gets the red ambient lighting from the Linea.

There is absolutely no badging on the boot or on the front grille to let you know what engine is under the hood or even the trim level. The only visual distinction is the difference in the alloy wheel design and the black interiors that set the 90 HP apart from the other variants.

So we've seen the golden yellow, maroon and white. Wonder how it will look in black!

Name:	image_14.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	32.4 KB 
ID:	7531

Name:	image_15.jpg 
Size:	71.4 KB 
ID:	7532

Name:	image_16.jpg 
Size:	72.7 KB 
ID:	7533

Name:	image_17.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	78.8 KB 
ID:	7534

Name:	image_18.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	107.6 KB 
ID:	7535

Name:	image_19.jpg 
Size:	85.5 KB 
ID:	7536

Name:	image_20.jpg 
Size:	89.0 KB 
ID:	7537

Thanks Rishi

View My Garage

SunnyBoi just shared these new shots of Punto with us, this time a more close up view of the exteriors!

Name:	IMG-20140712-WA0002_WM.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	52.8 KB 
ID:	7544

Name:	IMG-20140712-WA0003_WM.jpg 
Size:	61.1 KB 
ID:	7550

Name:	IMG-20140712-WA0005_WM.jpg 
Size:	49.0 KB 
ID:	7545

Name:	IMG-20140712-WA0001_WM.jpg 
Size:	52.1 KB 
ID:	7546

Name:	IMG-20140712-WA0007_WM.jpg 
Size:	60.3 KB 
ID:	7547

Name:	IMG-20140712-WA0008_WM.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	47.2 KB 
ID:	7548

Name:	IMG-20140712-WA0006_WM.jpg 
Size:	53.7 KB 
ID:	7549

Quite a lot of Chrome cover on the front grill and front and rear fog lamps! Whats your say, guys!
    Last edited by roms; 14-07-2014 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Punto was inadvertantly mentioned as Avventura :-)
    Sinfully Sexy, Shamelessly Raw, Explicitly Powerful. Nothing better than the Palio 1.6 Horse!
    2008 Palio Stile 1.6 Sports - Formula Red
    2014 Royal Enfield - Bullet 500
    2002 Bajaj Pulsar 150 (Sold)

View My Garage

Fiat punto Evo Media Drive

It seems Fiat India organised a media drive event for their impending launch - the new Punto EVO today. 'Motoroids' also got a chance to sample the new car and are reporting with live updates and pictures of the same. - http://www.motoroids.com/reviews/201...s-media-drive/

From the pictures uploaded thus far, it appears that the event started with a meet held at an eatery situated on the very scenic Carter Road, Bandra (W), Mumbai.

Name:	835x626x2014-Grande-Punto-Evo-1.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	64.7 KB 
ID:	7746

Name:	835x626x2014-Grande-Punto-Evo-2.jpg 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	7747

Name:	835x626xPunto-Evo-2014-3.jpg 
Size:	78.0 KB 
ID:	7748

Source - www.motoroids.com

View My Garage

Re: Fiat punto Evo Media Drive

FIAT India is killing the surprise element by being non-committal on the launch dates for the new Punto

I don't know why is it so hard to be predictable about product launches for FIAT in India.

The marketing team keeps goofing up each time. Hell even we the passionate FIAT fans do a better job at talking more about their products than FIAT itself - just take a look at this thread to see what all has been discussed about the new Punto.

And what did we hear from FIAT so far - zilch
    My lug nuts require more torque than your Honda makes

View My Garage

Re: Fiat punto Evo Media Drive

Quote Originally Posted by Sid View Post
    FIAT India is killing the surprise element by being non-committal on the launch dates for the new Punto

I don't know why is it so hard to be predictable about product launches for FIAT in India.

The marketing team keeps goofing up each time. Hell even we the passionate FIAT fans do a better job at talking more about their products than FIAT itself - just take a look at this thread to see what all has been discussed about the new Punto.

And what did we hear from FIAT so far - zilch
    Well said Sid. While the Punto is about to be launched soon enough, Fiat India thinks it is the most appropriate time to dish out teasers of the Avventura on their website. Weird strategy really, if there is one that is!

The news doing the rounds is that Fiat was initially deciding on launching the refreshed EVO in its original avatar, the way it looks in other markets around the globe. It is only after the massive response to the Avventura during the Auto Expo unveil that Fiat decided to give the Avventura's face to the upcoming Punto as well.

A few more pics from yesterday's media event- courtesy Motoroids - http://www.motoroids.com/reviews/201...s-media-drive/

Name:	580x435x2014-Punto-EVO-1-600x450.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	46.3 KB 
ID:	7750

Name:	580x435x2014-Punto-EVO-2-600x450.jpg 
Size:	49.3 KB 
ID:	7751

Name:	580x435x2014-Punto-EVO-4-600x450.jpg 
Size:	48.3 KB 
ID:	7752

Name:	2014-Punto-EVO-3-450x600.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	49.2 KB 
ID:	7753

Name:	Fiat-Punto-Evo-India-4-450x600.jpg 
Size:	73.6 KB 
ID:	7754

Apart from the new 'reindeer headlamps' (that is the official name, believe it or not), what also goes missing is that prominent and sharp crease on the fender that flowed from the headlamps to the A pillar in the outgoing Punto, something that was there on the Palio S10 and later on the Palio 1.6/1.2 Sport variants as well.

Some would have much rather preferred this EVO instead which also has the said design element incorporated on the fender and those delicious alloys wheels:

Name:	Fiat_Punto_2012_5door_front.jpg 
Size:	69.1 KB 
ID:	7755

Also note that this international Punto EVO, if it was launched in the same avatar here as well, would have also got the LED lit tail lamps as shown above.