Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: SCOOP: The 2014 Fiat Punto EVO now revealed! Check price difference on Pg 2

Seeded Driver
    View My Garage

Re: SCOOP: The 2014 Fiat Punto EVO now revealed! Check price difference on Pg 2

Felt the Evo in flesh and took him (?) For a drive today. First impressions:

90 HP - only touch and feel:

1. Ground clearance and 16 inch wheels give a tall stance.
    2. Dark interiors - felt a bit claustrophobic; not as bad as Ritz or Swift though.
    3. Both rear and front seats are firm. But the one on my car felt better, could be due to my snug fitting fabric seat covers.

4. Was slightly tough to find a good driving position (Honda is the best in this?). Footwell was very cramped. My left foot did not have enough space either for the clutch or dead pedal.

5. ICE - not in the class of Ford but better than the older model.

6. Doors when shut sounded lighter - the thud was less prominent.

76 HP emotion - touch, feel, and Drive

1. Seats are slightly softer. Dual tone interiors gives a slightly airy feeling.

2. Footwell is cramped - though not as much as 90Hp. Weird.

3. The ride is firm unlike the softer feel of my car. Strange. Wonder if it is 15 inch alloy or the suspension. I think the latter because the older emotion did not feel as stiff.

4. Handling - car felt lighter but more sure footed. Could not feel body roll much and i really liked it.

5. Engine - feels softer and improved in lower gears. There seems to be a tweak to the gear ratios with slightly taller first and second gears.

Both the cars felt better built. Some old parts dont match newer ones but in true terms the car is much much on par with competition now. Only if a slightly more powerful engine was available......

Nevertheless, congrats FIAT. This car should revive your fortunes now!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk
    Vijeth
    1) Yamaha RXG (Sold)
    2) Tata Nano (Sold)
    3) Palio NV 1.2 (Sold)
    4) Punto 1.3 Active (54000 kms Sold)
    5) Renault Kwid 1.0 EASY-R (New Arrival)

View My Garage

Vijethcm, nice initial impressions on the Punto EVO.

I wanted to reply to your post earlier but got a bit tied up with the completion of the review thread that you now see on the forum. You are spot on with your observations, not only with the Punto EVO, but even with your other reviews as well.

You are right about the suspension, it does feel noticeably stiffer than the older car. A higher ground clearance would usually induce body roll due to the higher center of gravity. Fiat have had to stiffen the springs to compensate for this.

Did you find the footwell cramped enough to find it difficult to adjust to? You nailed it about the car requiring a bigger engine / better gear ratios to improve performance.

The Italian - 2007 Canary Yellow Fiat Palio 1.6 Sport a.k.a The Bumble Bee - Sold
    The Czech/German - 2012 Candy White Skoda Rapid 1.6 MPI Automatic
    The French - 2013 b'twin ROCKRIDER 5.0

Seeded Driver
    View My Garage

Hi Roms. Thank you for the nice words! Yes. I found the footwell too cramped to my liking. It will take too much to get adjusted. Now you cant sit straight, your left leg would be in a awkward incline towards right which can result in back problems later. But this was on 90HP. The 76 HP was better and could probably be easier to adjust. Btw I am only 5 ft 6 wearing 7 size shoes :-)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk
    Vijeth
    1) Yamaha RXG (Sold)
    2) Tata Nano (Sold)
    3) Palio NV 1.2 (Sold)
    4) Punto 1.3 Active (54000 kms Sold)
    5) Renault Kwid 1.0 EASY-R (New Arrival)