Thread: FAQs

Administrator
    View My Garage

Question FAQs

1. How do I post my comments on a post or thread?

At the top and bottom of every thread is a button with "+Reply to Thread". Click on it and immediately a text box opens. If that text box is too small for your needs click on the button with "Go Advanced" next to the text box. You will get a bigger box with more controls, smileys etc. Type in your comment / reply and punch the "submit" button.

2. How do I start a thread?

At the top of every forum there is a "Start new thread" click on it and a new thread page opens up. Fill in the subject and fill in the matter you want to be your post. Click submit when done and your thread will be up.

3. How do I add pictures to my post?

Click on go advanced button if replying to a thread. Below the box for the text you will see a button with "Manage Attachments" click on it. A pop up will open. In the pop up you will see a small button "Add Files" click on that. A small window opens with "Select" button under it - click on select - select the file(s) on your computer using the window that opens - click on upload and they will be shown in the top of the first window that opened. Click on the files in the window you want to include in your post. Drag and drop to the lower half of the window. Now the pictures will be shown as thumbnails at the bottom of your post. If you want them as a part of the post itself, above, in the middle of etc of the text. Click on inline button in the bottom half of the window. Done. Now the pictures are shown at the indicated place in line inside your post. You can click and drag them to the appropriate place.

4. What is the maximum size for pictures / attachments:

At present the maximum size for each picture / attachment is 1Mb. The total size of your post however cannot exceed 8Mb. The maximum size for pictures is 800 X 600. Pictures bigger than this will be resized to this size. Clicking on the picture will show you the picture in its original size.

5. How many pictures can I have in one post.

At present you can include 20 pictures with one post. If you have more pictures make them part of another post (in the same thread). Cross our hearts we will not treat it as 'back-to-back' posting

6. How do I "report" a post?

There is a small triangular shaped icon at the bottom left of every post. Click on this and a "report post" box opens. Please tell the Marshals what you think is wrong with the post.

7. What is member reputation? How does it go up or down?

Every member starts with 10 reputation points. For every post you make, your reputation power increases for every 100 posts, your reputation points increase by 1. each post.

8. Can I vote to increase or decrease another members reputation?

Yes, you can vote to increase or decrease another member's reputation by clicking on the "reputation-star" icon at the bottom left of every post. Each vote counts. So go ahead and vote for reputation on

9. What is thread rating? How are they rated? Can I help?

At the top of the page, where the thread starts, one can see a "Thread reputation" button. Click to vote for that threads rating.

10. How do people get to hold "D.L.", "Competition License" or become "Seeded Drivers" or "Marshals"?

A new member who has not opened his account yet is shown as an L.Lr. once he makes his first post his status is changed to D.L. Once a member makes 500 posts he automatically gets a Competition Licence. Seeded Drivers are selected on the basis of their knowledge, contribution to this community. Marshals are picked on the basis of their ability to devote time and effort to managing the forum. Choice is normally unanimous for selection of Seeded Drivers and Marshals.

11. Does becoming a higher category member have any benefits, privileges or drawbacks?

Yes,

D.L. holders can post directly into the forum without having to have the post moderated by a Marshal.

Competition License holders have certain privileges like higher number of PMs allowed, more storage etc.

Seeded Drivers, in addition to the above, get a private forum not accessible to other categories. They are allowed to browse through Marshals forums. Demerits: They get their brains picked by the Marshals and are often left in that unhappy place of having to explain Marshal's actions to the other members.

Marshals, can see every forum and can edit posts, delete posts and threads. They can move posts and threads to other more appropriate locations. The demerits: Marshals are the people who are eternally vigilant so that the rest may enjoy their freedom.
    Last edited by Ravveendrra B; 07-06-2012 at 10:03 PM.

Administrator
    View My Garage

Re: FAQs

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    5. How many pictures can I have in one post.

At present you can include 20 pictures with one post. If you have more pictures make them part of another post (in the same thread). Cross our hearts we will not treat it as 'back-to-back' posting
    A change is made in this regard. The limit for posting only 20 pictures in a given post is done away with. Thus, there is no limit to the number of pictures that can uploaded in a single post.
    Please do not PM the admin. If needed contact any of the Marshals.

View My Garage

Re: FAQs - Thread Display Options

12) How do you change settings for threads display?

When a user opens a thread to post or read, the default thread view should show older posts first and the newest / recent posts in a chronological order.

For example, in a forum thread consisting of 60 posts, the first post should be the oldest and the 60th post appearing on the third page should be the newest. This display setting is called as "Oldest First". However, these display parameters can be altered to show the newest post as the first post in a thread and the the oldest post as the 60th one. This display setting is "Newest First".

Forum member PaddleShifter notified us that the thread display seem to have been set as "Newest First' by default for new members and that he would want to change the same as "Oldest First", so as to show the posts in a chronological order.

Thanks for that heads-up PaddleShifter. We have now changed the default settings for posts to appear as "Oldest First" for all new registered users. For most old users of the forum, the setting would be at "Oldest First" by default.

However, one can switch between the two settings as per personal preference. This is how you can go about tweaking the display settings:

1] Click on the Settings tab appearing on top of the forum page-

Name:  wp_ss_20140920_0001.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  11.2 KB

2] Go into 'General Settings" appearing on the left side of the Settings page -

Name:  wp_ss_20140920_0002.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  19.5 KB

3] Then go to 'Thread Display Options" and select 'Linear - Oldest First" or 'Linear - Newest First" as per your preference -

Name:  wp_ss_20140920_0003.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  23.2 KB

Name:  wp_ss_20140920_0004.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  8.3 KB

Done! Hope this helps in providing a more seamless and user friendly experience on the forum

For more information on the thread display options, check out the 'FAQ' tab appearing on the top of the forum page -

http://myfiatworld.com/faq.php?faq=v...thread_display

Thanks again PaddleShifter! Your feedback really helped
    Last edited by roms; 21-09-2014 at 02:29 AM.
    The Italian - 2007 Canary Yellow Fiat Palio 1.6 Sport a.k.a The Bumble Bee - Sold
    The Czech/German - 2012 Candy White Skoda Rapid 1.6 MPI Automatic
    The French - 2013 b'twin ROCKRIDER 5.0

View My Garage

Re: FAQs

13) How to set a 'Like' or 'Thanks' on forum posts via the Tapatalk App?

The following are screenshots using a Windows Phone, however the options related pop up menus shown in the following pictures should be more or less similar to the Tapatalk App for Android and iOS.

1) If you want to 'like' or 'thank' a post on Tapatalk, click on the text area in the relevant post once to show up the following or similar menu:

2) The 'More' tab shown in the above pic takes you into the following menu where 'like' and 'thanks' buttons are visible:

Please note that the options pop up menu will not show if you click on a picture in a post, you need to click over text in the relevant post for the above menus to show up.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 925 using Tapatalk
    The Italian - 2007 Canary Yellow Fiat Palio 1.6 Sport a.k.a The Bumble Bee - Sold
    The Czech/German - 2012 Candy White Skoda Rapid 1.6 MPI Automatic
    The French - 2013 b'twin ROCKRIDER 5.0