Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Of Seeded Drivers and Marshals.

View My Garage

Of Seeded Drivers and Marshals.

Hi folks,

Let me begin by sharing a little secret with all of you. When the initial team behind MFW set off on this journey they were very skeptical whether they would be able to run the forum and whether they would be able to build a viable forum (not from the financial aspect) but viability only in terms of building a living thriving organism that gave members a eco-system that was comfortable, friendly and with no commercial intent. In other words, to provide a platform for the members to use as their own. Just as a measure of viability, the initial team agreed that 250 members by the end of May 2013 was a reasonable target to gauge the viability of the forum and they entered into a pact that they would shut down the forum and walk away if they did not have 250 members by that time. As it happened the number of members by the end of May 2013 far exceeded that benchmark so MFW is now here to stay.

It has been a while since your Marshal team has posted updates on the membership status. This was mainly due to paucity of time. Please pardon us.

When we set off we had the following Marshals who were instrumental in setting things up and getting this forum off the ground:

1. Mr. Sunder Ram Madduri

2. MK..\M/

3. mnemonic

4. ganeshb

5. Sid

6. Rudrah

7. Ravveendrra B

This initial lot were soon joined by:

8. Dr.Palio and

9. HVK.

This was the team that oversaw the initial days of the forum and gave it direction in the initial incubation period.
    I do not honk. I downshift instead.

View My Garage

Re: Of Seeded Drivers and Marshals.

When the Marshals set up this forum they reserved two spots for two very special people. Dr. Pullockaran and Joe Sir who were doyens of the Fiat world for many years and it was decided that when they joined the forum they would be immediately made Seeded Drivers, the highest category of membership in MFW and would be made Marshals if they so desired.

In MFW's scheme of things Seeded Members are a check and a balance to the Marshals, they have access to every part of MFW and can view Marshal's discussions. The Seeded Drivers can initiate a dialogue with the Marshals on any aspect of the running of MFW and Marshal actions.

drpullockaran joined the forum almost as soon as it was launched and was immediately made a Seeded Driver with an option to become a Marshal at any time he chose.

Joe Sir joined with the ID Joe_Indi recently and true to the Marshals commitment, he was made a Seeded Driver with an option to become a Marshal whenever he chose.

These two stalwarts of PUG have played the role of elder statesmen on the PUG for years now and the Marshal team pray that they continue to do the same on MFW.
    Last edited by Ravveendrra B; 23-10-2013 at 10:28 PM.

View My Garage

Our next Seeded Driver was the redoubtable Finney Phillip. Well known to all Fiatians, nemesis of Fiat-bashers but much respected and loved by all. He too was made a Seeded Driver on joining.

One year later the Marshals decided that it was time to do a review of the membership status and in June 2013 they discussed at length the pros and cons of elevating several of MFW's members to Seeded Driver status. Many members were found eligible and worthy. At one point all the Marshals wanted to make all the eligible candidates Seeded Drivers but were held back by the thought that MFW would become too top heavy. After almost a month of heart searching and brain storming it was decided with a very heavy heart to make only the following Seeded Drivers for their continuous contribution to MFW:

robilinks

Multijet

Roms.

So now the Seeded Drivers were:

drpullockaran

Joe_indi

finneyp

robilinks

MULTIJET

roms

View My Garage

Thanks Ravvs for the brief account of the origin & founding members of MFW.

Though, I was also initially skeptical of having another Fiat forum, but realized we need to have an all inclusive Fiat forum, free from autocratic admins & where members can freely share, collaborate & enjoy the Fiat passion!
    And I see that happening on this forum :thumbup:
    Hope Dr.Pullockaran, Joe sir, other PUG members, Fiat owners & enthusiasts would also join & be active here and make it the Best & Lively Fiat forum in the country!

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Finney; 23-10-2013 at 10:57 PM.
    Once a FIATian, always a FIATian!
    2004 - Fiat Palio 1.2 NV - Silver Frost
    2006 - Fiat Palio 1.6 Sports - Canary Yellow (Preowned)
    2014 - Fiat Linea 1.3 MJD Emotion - Tuscan Wine

View My Garage

A bit OT but a mention about our Competition License Holders is required here.

Normally Competition License on MFW is obtained by the number of posts a member has to his credit. The Marshals however thought it fit to promote some members much ahead of the normal course.

amogh and Biju Jose were elevated to this status in consideration of their contribution to the motoring community at large and Fiatians in particular via their clubs Team Fiat India and Team Fiat Moto Club.
    '
    ashutosh, neelay2709, PatrolMan, Punter complete the list of those who have earned their spurs and are Competition License holders as of date of this post.

View My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by finneyp View Post

Though, I was also initially skeptical of having another Fiat forum, but realized we need to have an all inclusive Fiat forum, free from autocratic admins & where members can freely share, collaborate & enjoy the Fiat passion!
    Hope Dr.Pullockaran, Joe sir, other PUG members, Fiat owners & enthusiasts would also join & be active here and make it the Best & Lively Fiat forum in the country!

Dear Finney-

It is indeed heartening to hear your views on MFW. Look forward to keeping it an open, thriving, lively and amongst the best places for fiat fan boys to hang out in.

cheers,
    If everything is in control, you aren't going fast enough.

View My Garage

The Marshals were also aware that MFW has for over a year now, been ahead of any other similar forum in terms of site valuation, visitors and page hits. This only steeled their resolve to maintain high standards. As time passed, MFW's membership grew and soon crossed the 500 mark around Dusserah 2013. This milestone passed without fanfare or celebration but not without a serious brain-storming session among the Marshals. At the same time MFW was also subjected to a hacker attack and only the eagle eye of Rudrah who spotted it and the timely intervention by MK..\M/ who launched damage control measures saved MFW from crashing and becoming defunct.

The Marshals at MFW also decided to implement the L.Lr. category for all new members to eliminate bogus members and to ensure quality of posts. This meant more work-load in the form of posts needing to be moderated.

Two things became clear (1) That the strength of members and additional workload justified or rather demanded new Marshals, and (2) Some from the older set of Marshals were no longer able to devote as much time to MFW due to their travel and professional commitments. This meant MFW needed to have a few more of its members be entrusted with the task of running. moderating and doing the house-keeping.

Then started the tough task of choosing the right members. Since MFW is a young entity, the parameters for choosing the candidates had to be put in place. The Marshals scanned through all of the members. The criteria for choosing new Marshals was discussed thread-bare, factors like category of membership, geographical spread, language, vehicle owned, number of posts, quality of posts, technical knowledge, variety of interests, etc. were all considered and after much deliberation each of these were dropped. The Marshals decided that there was no place for any parochial, religious, regional or other considerations on MFW. The Marshals decided to entrust the responsibility to whoever seemed the best bet in terms of their time spent on-line on MFW, impartial and unbiased views and forthright manner.

Even applying these tough criteria the Marshals were left with a wide field with many eligible candidates, after much hair-pulling, brain-storming and soul searching, the Marshals decided to request Roms and MULTIJET to take on additional responsibilities as Marshals. Fortunately, both accepted.

So, as of today Roms and MULTIJET cease to be Seeded Members. They now take charge as Marshals on MFW.

View My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by finneyp View Post

Thanks Finney for your kind words for my feeble efforts at chronicling the events.

Coming from you Sir, those words of encouragement are not just high praise but also pointed yet gentle reminders about the responsibility the Marshals have towards the community. I pray that the Marshals have the strength, will, wisdom and courage to live up to those high standards.

I am sure that with good wishes of seniors like you, MFW will in time to come, be able to bring together all like minded people.

View My Garage

Roms & Multijet, Congrats & All the Best in your new role!

Once a FIATian, always a FIATian!
    2004 - Fiat Palio 1.2 NV - Silver Frost
    2006 - Fiat Palio 1.6 Sports - Canary Yellow (Preowned)
    2014 - Fiat Linea 1.3 MJD Emotion - Tuscan Wine

View My Garage

Oh, I didnt know this. I am just here because I love my FIAT's and like all the friends I have made, owning and driving a FIAT.
    Thank you.
    Cheers
    Ashutosh R Joshi
    Palio 1.2, Twilight Blue, 85,000 kms, Oct 2001
    Palio S10 (sold on 29 Sept 2013)

View My Garage

Roms and Multijet, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

And, All The Best!!!
    Cheers
    Ashutosh R Joshi
    Palio 1.2, Twilight Blue, 85,000 kms, Oct 2001
    Palio S10 (sold on 29 Sept 2013)

View My Garage

Thanks to Marshal Team, Finney and Ashutosh. Special thanks to all the members too.Will help the forum and forum followers to my level best.
    Welcome Joe Sir to MFW.
    FIAT USERS-Confidence is what you have when you don't really understand the situation.
    SANJEEV HARIKANT
    PALIO 1.2NV SPORTS(NOT YET SOLD)
    PALIO 1.3SDX MULTIJET(NOT YET SOLD)-DRIVING A JET ON INDIAN ROADS
    SIENA 1.2ELPS(NOT YET SOLD)
    FIAT 1100(NOT YET SOLD)
    VESPA 125(NOT YET SOLD)
    YAMAHA FZ16(NOT YET SOLD)
    YAMAHA R15 VER1(NOT YET SOLD)

View My Garage

Congratulations you all.

Joe welcome to MFW.

Just to confirm are you Matthew Joseph? If yes I read your Wolf Performance Tuning review on TFI and it was awsome.
    Punter

FIAT Palio S10
    TVS Apache RTR160

View My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Punter View Post
    Congratulations you all.

Joe welcome to MFW.

Just to confirm are you Matthew Joseph? If yes I read your Wolf Performance Tuning review on TFI and it was awsome.
    Thank you Punter.
    Joe Sir is Matthew Joseph aka MJs father.
    FIAT USERS-Confidence is what you have when you don't really understand the situation.
    SANJEEV HARIKANT
    PALIO 1.2NV SPORTS(NOT YET SOLD)
    PALIO 1.3SDX MULTIJET(NOT YET SOLD)-DRIVING A JET ON INDIAN ROADS
    SIENA 1.2ELPS(NOT YET SOLD)
    FIAT 1100(NOT YET SOLD)
    VESPA 125(NOT YET SOLD)
    YAMAHA FZ16(NOT YET SOLD)
    YAMAHA R15 VER1(NOT YET SOLD)

View My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MULTIJET View Post
    Thanks to Marshal Team, Finney and Ashutosh. Special thanks to all the members too.Will help the forum and forum followers to my level best.
    Welcome Joe Sir to MFW.
    Congratulations!! Multijet and Roms.
    Multijet your service towards forum members will be based on the number of parties you give/month.
    :D
    The Horn is not a Magic Wand!