PDA

View Full Version : Coolant leakage near dead pedal near driver's seat

daya_param
05-10-2015, 05:18 PM
Hello Fiatian

Issue: - Coolant leakage near dead pedal near driver's seat

Car: - Palio 1.2 nv ELX
Odo reading : - @ 37500 km

After travel of 230 Km I had noticed coolant from one of portion inside cabin just above dead pedal was coming out drop by drop and later speed increased and sufficient coolant accumulated near dead pedal on matt. :sad .
It was raining and difficult time as I was with Family.

Immediately I stopped and checked. Temperature needle was below Half mark. Kept one empty coolant can below leakage spot.

I had checked the material from where coolant was leaked, was a hard spongy material.
So thought of stopping of coolant leakage by M-seal. So immediately managed to get m-seal.

Action Taken: -
1) Applied 3 pack of m-seal and coolant leakage stopped.
2) Switch On the AC continously till I reached the home @ 30 km
3) I had removed applied m-seal pack after reaching to home as I thought it will be difficult to repair or remove the faulty part if need to removed.

Attached 2 snaps of that portion before and after applying m-seal.
So Fiatian need Urgent your help.

1) What could be the reason of this coolant leakage near driver seat near dead pedal?

2) How should this problem of leakage can be avoided in future?

3) To which mechanic I should take my Palio to solve this problem?

Please suggest and help.

(For Coolant leakage there is also another issue in Engine bay, which was temporarily resolved in last year but feared to face in future.
For this I will create a new thread)

Regards,
Dayanand

Punter
05-10-2015, 07:54 PM
Are you sure that it was coolent and not the water dispensed while AC was on for long time.

When you drive Palio/Siena/Petra for long time with AC on, usually few water drops will be there on dead pedal and you can also feel it on your left feet.

Is the problem still there after removing the M Seal?

As you mentioned the temp needle was below half mark I dont think it is coolent.

Experts can shed more on this issue.

daya_param
06-10-2015, 04:08 PM
Thanks Punter for your response.

Attached is one more snap which I had taken on 2nd day.
Color of liquid coming out of that hard spongy material was green and I had seen color of accumulated liquid on Matt was also green at the time of incident.

On 2nd day I had observed few green drops of liquid was accumulated at the spongy material .
So overall I thought it was a coolant.

Rudrah
06-10-2015, 05:59 PM
Sorry to sound silly, check your coolant color, is it that green as you see on the accumulated drops?

Usually as Punter said, we find AC water droplets on the pedal.

daya_param
07-10-2015, 03:14 PM
:) Color of the accumulated drops on hard spongy material (of dark grey color) were having color of coolant which currently is green in my Palio.
By naked eyes it was looking as green. At the time of incident after that accumulated liquid on matt and at spongy part was not surely water.

rider16
07-10-2015, 10:03 PM
how is your A/C working in the car daya_param?

It could be the A/C evaporator leaking judging from the pics. Get it checked out at an A/C mechanic or service centre to confirm, as far I know engine coolant wont leak inside the cabin as all the pipes are in the bay. And yes A/C coolant is green too.

MULTIJET
08-10-2015, 05:31 PM
Daya it can be coolant. There is a heater line going through cabin just beside the cooling coil. If that pipe is leaking you will have a leakage near dead pedal.If you dont use heater than there is a simple solution for it. You can disconnect the coolant line which goes through cabin. Any AC fellow or good mechanic can do it. But if you use heater option than go to some expert mechanic who can give a proper idea after removing dashboard.

rider16
08-10-2015, 07:29 PM
Daya it can be coolant. There is a heater line going through cabin just beside the cooling coil. If that pipe is leaking you will have a leakage near dead pedal.If you dont use heater than there is a simple solution for it. You can disconnect the coolant line which goes through cabin. Any AC fellow or good mechanic can do it. But if you use heater option than go to some expert mechanic who can give a proper idea after removing dashboard.

Hi Multijet, its not a good idea to disconnect the heater, it can cause consequential problems in car due to change in fluid pressure dynamics, and he will need heater to clear wind screen and side car glass during rainy season atleast. So not a good idea.

daya_param go see a mechanic bro.

MULTIJET
08-10-2015, 07:39 PM
Hi Multijet, its not a good idea to disconnect the heater, it can cause consequential problems in car due to change in fluid pressure dynamics, and he will need heater to clear wind screen and side car glass during rainy season atleast. So not a good idea.

daya_param go see a mechanic bro.

I know that rider16 but most of the people dont use heater so I gave that option. If heater coil is damaged than it takes around 3k-4k approximately to replace it without labour.

daya_param
09-10-2015, 11:57 AM
how is your A/C working in the car daya_param?

It could be the A/C evaporator leaking judging from the pics. Get it checked out at an A/C mechanic or service centre to confirm, as far I know engine coolant wont leak inside the cabin as all the pipes are in the bay. And yes A/C coolant is green too.

Rider16
Ac was working after that incident. I switch on AC till home @ 22 km after finding out coolant leakage from that point.
At the time of incident I had applied M-seal at that point So no coolant leakage( Though I removed M-seal after reaching home.)

daya_param
09-10-2015, 12:09 PM
Ok Multijet and Rider16. :)
I will check with Mechanic and will update on the forum.

Till then Fiatian having any idea/workaround/Solution please help/guide me. :)

Thanks

Regards,
Daya

daya_param
28-12-2015, 12:15 PM
Hello All,
Forgot to update..
Here it is...

Have checked with Fiat Mechanic
2 options as He suggested
1) remove pipe which uses during heater on.
2) to replace current blower assembly ( as shown in pic) with another working used one.
So informed him to remove the pipe and will be under observation of mine.

If required I will replace current blower assembly with used one with Heater pipes connected of course.

No Issue till now..:)

Thanks All For the Help :)

- > Daya

Rudrah
05-01-2016, 06:05 PM
Thanks for sharing, Daya! The heater option is usually not used in our places where we live so good to skip it for now.

Keep us updated for any observation and changes to it :tup